Pawn Shop Rescue

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Catman

Bearcat
I know she looks ruff but she shoots sweet! :D
P1010079.jpg

P1010078.jpg

I hope this works the first time I have tries this. Picked this one out of a shop recently. I have been out of the hand gun market for a while( had a Blackhawk 357 back in 78 ) and got an itch recently and went snooping the shops. As you can see this one is well used but shoots better than me. I just need some leather for it now. I may also need to find a Mag cylinder as this left the factory as a convertiable. First outing with a buddy who is new to hand gunning and has a 9mm auto pulled the hammer back and looked at me and said "That is a scary sound" Ah the soud of a single action I had forgotten how wonderful it was :D :D BTW $200 out the door maybe a little high but I'm happy with my rescue!

flatgate

Hawkeye
Heck, no, paying $200 for a gun that'll outlive most of the cheap stuff ever made is a wise move!
You did just fine!

flatgate

cowboydave

Single-Sixer
If your happy that all that matters. As for a holster look at Simply Rugged, they are a good holster for the money and they are also in Alaska. Google Simply Rugged Holster.
Dave

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
the gun may look a little rough, but from the pics posted the grips look really good. I am sure a reblue wood make it look as sweet as it shoots.

Chance

Buckeye
Good catch, great shooters. Did you ask for leather at the pawn shop? I have got a few belts and holsters very cheap at my local pawn shop. Enjoy it

pawncop

Blackhawk
I have posted this before but it was pawnshop find that led me to this forum.

I obtained a 6" Security Six that was is really good condition and in the process of obtianing more information came across this forum.

Pawn Shops can be a treasure trove.

Great find!

GhosT

Blackhawk
Looks like the first handgun I ever owned,late 70's. ;)

Still wish never sold it, was reliable and accurate.

KUDO's on yer purchase!

HAD to edit...:lol:

200 bucks!!!!!!! a steal.......
And I do suggest refinish.
As yer an ALASKIN, might wanna look at something hardier than a BLUE JOB .

Either way, cool purchase!

Lee Martin

Hunter
$200 isn't bad for mechanically sound. Heck, for around $150 you can get the whole gun refinished and that's still less than the cost of a new Single-Six.

Heck, considering the nice "patina" already in place on that gun, I think I'd retrofit an "experienced" steel ejector rod housing just to complete the look.

Good score!!

:D

Catman

Bearcat
Thanks for all the comments. Ale-8 I was thinking that would be a nice addition also the ejector does seem out of place. I plan on keeping it as you see I too love the "patina" and this will be a great piece to teach my grandkids to shoot with!