9mm speed six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

oldgoat46

Bearcat
I have an opportunity to pick up a speed six stainless 4" barrel in 9mm luger. excellent condition. does any one know how many were produced and for how long. The price is sort of high at $400.00. and it would be pretty much a collection addition rather than a shooter. thanks for the help.

doublebarrel

Single-Sixer
$400 dollars is not high.Most go for closer to $600.I gave $400 for one last year and consider it a very good deal.They are hard to find and if I saw another one for $400 I would buy it in a heartbeat(as long as it was in good shape).

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Run back fast before he changes his mind!!! Or sells it to someone else!!!

They are not common and less so with the 4" barrel. I collect the -Six series DA's and do not have a Speed Six 9mm with the 4" barrel, only the shorter 2.75" barrels and a Service Six with the 4".

contender

Ruger Guru
An excellent score. Now,, did you get full moons or 1/2 moon clips? If they are full moons,,, who are they made by??? I have a friend looking for full moons,,, and I don't recall Ruger ever offering them,,, just the 1/2 moons.

1RugerFan_33

Single-Sixer
^^^^^^^

http://www.ranchproducts.com/index-2.html

Full moon :wink:

Oldgoat46, that's a hell of a good score! I have the 2 3/4 barreled version; one of my favorite pieces. Someday I hope to find one such as yours for a "companion".

They make nice backup pieces if you carry a 9mm semiauto; a "New York" reload, as it were. If mine is any indication, they are very accurate, too.

Any chance you might post a pic?

Congrats on your cool find & good fortune.

1RugerFan_33

Single-Sixer
^^^^
Yup...i get "reminders" from GB...that was on my "bid" list; until after the 1st day...

Any gamblers? I bet it sees $800, at the outside...

I knew mine was a score all those years ago, at like-new and just under $300...but had no idea they would/are be seen as valuable as they are these days....

tekarra

Bearcat
oldogat,

Glad you bought it. Now post some photos.
I sure would like a 4" to go with my 2 3/4" Speed Sixes.

DSCN0930-1.jpg

bhp9mm

Bearcat
that not a bad price thats not high on a 9mm one they are hard to find and everybody wants them if u don't want it let me no wear its at

bhp9mm

Bearcat
u have a pic i want to see this deal so i can be sick u can get $700 for it like noting on gunbroker that was a hell of a deal congrats on the good deal and great gun

Latest posts