So what are they???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Spike12

Bearcat
Here's some rounds that have showed up lately. I've included a 357MAG round for some size references...

Hint 1: The taller is currently being used and in production
Hint 2: The short stubby little guy is probably older than 1968. It appears to have an iron bullet and case head. It doesn't appear to have a primer.

Have fun!!
http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare ... =snapfish/

(ya, I know you can put just the pictures up, but I ran out of patience)

StanMemTn

Single-Sixer
Here we go:

232323232fp53669_nu329_2_7_96_WSNRC.jpg

232323232fp53663_nu329_2_7_96_WSNRC.jpg

232323232fp5365_nu329_2_7_96_WSNRCG.jpg

Glad to be of service,

Stephen

Spike12

Bearcat
Nope. No head stamps on either.

Primer on tall one is staked in.

Short one has no primer but is dippled where it would be.

PS: Thanks to StanMemTN!

badchris

Bearcat
I don't know, the one on the left looks like this one...if they are the same, I know what they are!
30MMshells.jpg

Spike12

Bearcat
{sigh} no help on the short fat one eh? Anyway...

The tall guy was given to me by an A-10 crew chief. It's a case from the A-10's 30mm gun.

The short fat one is a total mistery to me and I guess everyone else. It was found in my late father-in-law's house. he was a USAF lifer and WWII Jug pilot in the CBI.

Got another weird one coming up after I take pics and figure out this posting pictures problem...

americal

Hunter
Spike really like that old round on right :!: :!: GREAT display piece 8) know nothing about it :? just send it my way :) neat

Spike12

Bearcat
Ya, it's pretty cool but rightfully claimed by my brother in law. Don't know what it is, but it's still pretty cool.

With no primer pocket, iron head and iron 'bullet' I'm leaning toward a simply joke/conversation piece. But knowing my father-in-law, it could go either way. SOB is really heavy too.

In my youth I might have tried drilling into the case but since it's not mine I'll use that as a excuse. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Latest posts