NEW SINGLE SIX

Help Support Ruger Forum:

J. D. Moreguns

Bearcat
Just picked up a new Single six S.S. 4-5/8ths{KNR4}. The billboard is on the bottom of the barrel, the grips appear to be a laminit that looks outstanding and the grip fit is great compared to the rosewood that the laquer peels off of. The rear sight has the eagle stamped on it. I love the new improvements they have done.

I have two of these Lipsey's KNR4's. An earlier one, with the billboard on the side, and a later one, with the billboard on the bottom.

I absolutely agree...I don't like the billboard, in any form, but it's a whole lot easier to swallow, when it's on the bottom, and out of sight!

Mine both have the rosewood grip panels. I wish they still used walnut.

Laminated grips? Plywood belongs on new houses. :wink: I know. To each his own, and some folks really like the laminated grips. And, I know there are some gorgeous ones out there.

As popular as this barrel length is, I don't know why it's not a regular, catalogued model. :?

WAYNO.

J. D. Moreguns

Bearcat
I can't figure out why the won't make a S.S. 41 mag Blackhawk... they made .41 Bisley's for Accusport I think it was, why not put on a plow handle? You can't tell me that wouldn't sell.

357Nut

Bearcat
J. D. Moreguns":k2qmoqob said:
I can't figure out why the won't make a S.S. 41 mag Blackhawk... they made .41 Bisley's for Accusport I think it was, why not put on a plow handle? You can't tell me that wouldn't sell.

If they made it that would be my next must have gun.

chet15

Hawkeye
J. D. Moreguns":bofo8s50 said:

Well, we're lucky Ruger didn't discontinue the .41 Blackhawk altoghter in 1994 when they dropped it temporarily. The .41 is not a fast seller. And compared to the percentages of blued blackhawks and stainless blackhawks in any caliber, stainless production only represents a small percentage of what's made in blue.
Something like that might be appealing as a special distributor run, but if they thought it would have been a good seller, they'd have had Ruger make a batch of them by now.
Such a gun probably would be only somewhat more popular than a .30 Carbine Blackhawk in stainless.
Chet15

blkhawk

Bearcat
Such a gun probably would be only somewhat more popular than a .30 Carbine Blackhawk in stainless.

Wish I could have gotten my .30 Carbine Blackhawk in stainless.