"New" Vaquero .44Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SlimPigguns

Bearcat
I just picked up my "new"SS Vaquero .44Mag with5.5 in. barrel .The test fire case is dated 03/06/2009. I feel so lucky that some of these .44Mags have made it to Australia. My only regret is I couldn't afford 2! The warning under the barrel is a great improvement.- Pete :D

chet15

Hawkeye
Hmmm. Ruger must still be finding some leftover .44 Mag. frames around the factory. Any way you can let us know the sn of your gun so we can tell if it really is one of those involved in the overrun? The address on the bottom of the barrel would seem to indicate that it is, but....???
Chet15

Doc Thornton

Bearcat
Hey Chet, I purchased a Ruger Vaquero 44 mag in the 4 5/8th inch
barrel version, in blue and case coloring, last month. The fired case
envelope says "11/29/07" and the serial number is 58-98037.

This puts my gun in the vicinity of 700 (more or less before)
brother SlimPigguns SS version.

How do you know when a gun is a parts clean-up issue and does
my revolver fit in to that catagory? Does it even matter?

The gun looks great, has a very smooth cocking action and only a wee small bit of creap in a reasonably light trigger.
Family responsibility has kept me from the range to test
accuracy up to now.

Doc T.

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
Doc Thornton":24g217ad said:
How do you know when a gun is a parts clean-up issue and does
my revolver fit in to that catagory? Does it even matter?
Doc T.

It's a "parts clean up gun" because they are not currently cataloging that model, and not producing it in large numbers. Since they no longer mass-produce large frame Vaqueros, these were obviously left over from a previous production run. You see stuff like this appear every once in a while. It really doesn't matter in terms of quality/value. It's factory new, and a new gun is a new gun.