Not in my potato patch but.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BearStopper

Blackhawk
RedhawkJackRabbit.jpg
Went on a hike in the mountains where I hunt Blacktail deer yesterday, and saw a nice pair of bucks which I did not get pictures of. However, I did see several jack rabbits and while I could have shot a few of them, one was enough to satisfy my desire to use one of my bigbore revolvers to take an animal with. Now I have taken alot of small game with a Mark II and some with a Single Six but I have never shot at anything alive with a centerfire handgun of any sort so I decided to start with a jack wabbit. I would like to call in some predators and venture into some big game hunting. I have been bowhunting for 25+ years and will never give that up but handgun hunting has a similiar appeal and I must try it!

AzRebel

Single-Sixer
Good job! I'm planning on using a handgun this year for coyotes. I've shot a lot of rabbits and such over the years, and have even taken a coyote or two in the past with a GP-100 I used to own, but I think this year I'm mostly going to leave the rifle at home when I'm calling coyotes in.

I'll mostly use a little Single Six I have in .32 H&R mag, I'm thinking. Might try the .45 Colt, but it'll cause more sewing on the fur.

Honestly, I've shot enough coyotes over the years that it doesn't matter any more how many I shoot. I enjoy the hunt, and want more challenge, so I'm going to use the handgun.

Daryl

contender

Ruger Guru
Nice long-ear there. Congrats on getting him with a handgun.
As a LONG time handgun hunter, (And a bowhunter, and a rifle hunter) I can attest to the fact that hunting with a hadgun is very satisfying! I always tell the rifle guys "thinking" about handgun hunting. Unless you learn to leave the rifle home, and practice with a handgun, you'll never understand the pleasure.

NMCB3

Bearcat
I`ve whacked lots of big game with a handgun, mostly a 41 mag Blackhawk, and I can tell you its very satisfying, especially if you hand load.

BearStopper

Blackhawk
Yes a cast 240gr SWC from a Lyman Mold and 19gr of 2400. The Redhawk and my OM SBH are both extremely accurate with this load. I can't wait to try it in my newly acquired OM Flat Top.