KBN44 question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Scott r

Single-Sixer
Do current production KBN44's with the wood grips and no "L" after the part number have the lock under the grips? I doubt it... although a well known dealer is saying there is and that is preventing the sale. He's out of state... didnt offer to pull the grips.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Well, first things first..... I don't see a KBN-44 listed at Ruger's web site; only the blued models are being produced.( I'm not very familiar with the Distributor Specials and would recommend some "surfing".)

The stainless steel Bisley is a New Vaquero version.

So, any stainless Bisley Blackhawk would most likely be "pre lock" and the catalog number certainly indicates so. (Again, I'd look into those Distributor Specials via the Distributor's web sites.)

flatgate

Scott r

Single-Sixer
A KBN-44 is a stainless Blackhawk, 4.63" 45 Colt. It is listed on the website, with wood grips. Ruger says nothing of a internal lock on them as they do the blue Blackhawks. Just wanting to verify the absence of a lock on the stainless Blackhawks.

mt

Single-Sixer
My CRS must be kickin' in hard tonight, I thought we did this post already.

My newest NM Blackhawk Stainless 45 Colt came with the fired cartridge dated 11/08 . It has no lock!

mt :D

americal

Hunter
Sorry ain"t got nothing to do with it :wink: :wink: I feel sorry for you that your getting like me Flatgate now thats :oops: :oops: I take A lot of medication EVERYDAY :lol: :lol: Thing is you know as much about rugers as anybody I know :!: :!: OK have I BROWN-NOSED enough :?: :)