Single-six serial # question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Catman

Bearcat
Hello Gent's I have been lurking for a while and desited to jump in :) My question is I was in a pawn shop and found a OM Single -six looks very worn all bluing is mostly gone. I looked up the serial number on the Ruger site but am a little confused it falls in the Mag. range but this one was not a Mag. The number is 421928. Any insite? Looks to have an aluminum frams and walnut grips.

308longdistance

Blackhawk
It may be a RSS5W L.R. only....... 8)

Call Ruger, 603-863-3300 ask for records. They will tell you what it is and when it shipped.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Catman":2n99v348 said:
I looked up the serial number on the Ruger site but am a little confused it falls in the Mag. range

Unfortunately Ruger's Single-Six s/n list goes astray beginning in 1963.

That s/n, 421928, is probably a '65 vintage gun. It may or may not be a convertible, only "Ruger knows for sure", but, I'd guess convertible missing one cylinder.

The .22 LR cylinder will have a firing pin groove whereas the .22 mag will not.

As suggested, contacting Ruger will give you the facts.

flatgate

Catman

Bearcat
Thanks for the replies. It does have the 22lr cylinder in it. I will call Ruger this morning and get the full scoop. This poor old girl has been ruff handled but I'm just looking for a shooter to do some plinking with.

Just called Ruger and Flatgate you were correct it is a convertable and missing the Mag cylinder..........that's what I like about this site lot's of good knowlage :D and I must say from visiting other sites you guys are very freindly also

Catman

Bearcat
OK now I'll bite she seems to be sound just ruff on the exterior ie. blueing mostly gone some piting here and there. Look like some one got carried away with the steel wool. So to the "experts" give me a price range. Remember a shooter not a safe queen. :)

Latest posts