My collection of SP `s is almost complete

Help Support Ruger Forum:

garp007

Bearcat
Having had three Rugers during the time - 2 SP 101 in 357 Magnum and a GP 100 3" I have ended up with a Ruger SP 101 in 9mm Luger.

It took me a year to find one in second had market and finally bought it for a great 250 $. It is 1994 and it was in "like new " condition I love the gun and so cheap to run it 8) ..

Then I started thinking of making bigger collection of SP` s so began to look for 4" version in 22LR. I live in Czech republic( for those who don`t know it is in Europe :D and Prague is the capital ). and it seemed to be impossible as the number of these guns in here counts in tens only..

However, I was very lucky , and I managed to buy a 1990 4" 22LR version that hardly ever has been used... for 400$. I bought a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro on the same day but I`better use this info on Taurus forum, should`t I ? :oops:

I love this little toy. First I was a bit surprised that due to the weight it has no recoil at all, but these things you get used to easily 8)

Will post in some pics of my little collection soon. I know many of you has greater collections, but please, I am so happy about it

Now , I am only missing a 3" version, but I am sure one day I will get it.

:D

Redhawk4

Single-Sixer
Congratulations on your purchases. :) I would like an SP101 in 9mm too. Enough power to feel like a real revolver, but as you say cheap to feed. I will see if I can search one out when I have funds available.

What are the gun laws in the Czech Republic? I didn't realize you could own handguns there, or so many were available. Thanks for posting.

cobra357

Bearcat
Just starting mine. Have the SP in .22 and GP in .357. Bad thing is I have Security Six too and everytime I see one I get the itch. Unfortunately wife isn't working at the moment so funds are tight.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Maybe you will find one in .32 Magnum some day too. I passed one up for a good price a couple years ago and now wish I had bought it as I havn't seen another.

garp007

Bearcat
Redhawk4: Thanks :) . It took me a while to get as it is a problem to find it on the market but I was lucky. It is the best proportion between the power and the recoil, IMHO, better than 357 Magnum on short 2,25"
The law in Czech rep. is pretty strict. You need to pass very difficult test from Legal princples, then First aid tests, medical test - psychological tests and also practical test how to handle guns and rifles... It is not easy, but I think it is good as it at leat partly restricts access to guns to those who could misuse it..
Cobra357: GP in 357 is a fantastic gun, I love it. Security six is a nice piece too, and a wintage in a was, but IMHO, if you need to decide I´d keep the GP
Protolman: Thanks for your post. I would actually prefer to get a 3" version with 357 Magnum, the ,32 Magnum is not sed too much over here and has not gained enough pupularity

chet15

Hawkeye
Once you have all the calibers that were cataloged, then you can go after the one that's marked ".22 MAG. CAL." on the barrel. I don't think Ruger was supposed to let these go because none of the three that I know of won't fire .22 Mags and they won't fire .22 LR's (they never fiished the chambering process).
What was surprising is that the three that are known even made it through the function firing process at Ruger!
Chet15

Latest posts