5.5 Stainless 17 HMR Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Wow! I am sure their site is incorrect as it is described as a Single Six Convertable but here is what was posted as when these are gone the text will disapear from Lipsey's site:

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx? ... ber=17+HMR

knr5.jpg

SINGLE SIX 17HMR 5.5 SS AS
Item No: RUKNR517
Model: Single Six Convertible
Caliber: 17 HMR
MSRP: $559.31

Lipsey's Item No:RUKNR517
UPC No:736676106639
MFG Model No:10663
Family:Single Six Series
Model:Single Six Convertible
Type:Revolver
Action:Single Action
Caliber:17 HMR
Capacity:6
Rate-of-Twist:1-in-14
Finish:Stainless
Frame:Steel Frame
Grip:Cocobolo
Sights:Adjustable
Barrel Length:5.5"
Case:plastic

I also note that they have a 6.5-inch version listed too!

knr6.jpg

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx? ... ber=17+HMR

SINGLE SIX 17HMR 6.5 SS AS
Item No: RUKNR617
Model: Single Six Convertible
Caliber: 17 HMR
MSRP: $559.31

Lipsey's Item No:RUKNR617
UPC No:736676106622
MFG Model No:10662
Family:Single Six Series
Model:Single Six Convertible
Type:Revolver
Action:Single Action
Caliber:17 HMR
Capacity:6
Rate-of-Twist:1-in-14
Finish:Stainless
Frame:Steel Frame
Grip:Cocobolo
Sights:Adjustable
Barrel Length:6.5"
Case:plastic

I called my dealer to have them order one of the 5.5-inch guns as I already have a blued 6.5-inch 17HMR and I can't afford to buy both the 5.5 and 6.5 right now. My dealer is charging me $419.00 for the 5.5-inch gun and the order was confirmed and the gun is on the way!

THANKS FOR POSTING THIS!!!!

EDIT, so NEW they are not on Ruger's site yet:

http://ruger.com/Firearms/FAProdSpecsView?model=10662
http://ruger.com/Firearms/FAProdSpecsView?model=10663

Axehandle

Buckeye
If the tale I heard about their only being 72 total of the little beasties is true they will never make Ruger's web site... Lipsey's has all of them...

SATCOM

Blackhawk
Single Six COVERTABLE .17HMR? Convertable how? To what?

Are all current Ruger Single Sixes, Super?
Adjustable sites no longer make a Single Six Super?
All current Super Single Sixes are convertables regardless of # of supplied cylinders?
NR6-FL- is a Super Single Six because of two cylinders and regardless that sites are not adjustable.

I get confused easily and just looking to insure I can properly describe some of Ruger's new single action revolvers.

Thanks.

SATCOM

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
SATCOM":n16j442j said:
Single Six COVERTABLE .17HMR? Convertable how? To what?

Are all current Ruger Single Sixes, Super?
Adjustable sites no longer make a Single Six Super?
All current Super Single Sixes are convertables regardless of # of supplied cylinders?
NR6-FL- is a Super Single Six because of two cylinders and regardless that sites are not adjustable.

I get confused easily and just looking to insure I can properly describe some of Ruger's new single action revolvers.

Thanks.

SATCOM

These clearly are not convertables, well unless mine comes with a 17 mach 2 cylinder too but if that happens I will buy more before I share that fact :wink:

chet15

Hawkeye
With those different Ruger model numbers, looks like these are the real deal. But with Davidson's offering them also, I wonder if these are regular Ruger offerings...the NRA show started today.
Chet15

djw54

Single-Sixer
Quarterbore":k7z2mhv2 said:
Kinda funny, the guns are gone from Lipseys site already :wink:

Hmmm. I wonder if they "jumped the gun". :roll:

I called my local shop yesterday; they couldn't pull up the dealer price, so had to call Lipseys. Their rep said it was an allocated item, and that he didn't receive any allocations.

It's a good thing (for my wallet) that it's not a convertible, or I'd have to have one. As it is, I really want one, but will have to wait.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Funny, I called as soon as I saw this and my dealer called right away and was able to place the order and got word it should ship the same day. I will be anxious to get it.

My only problem is getting the will power to shoot it as I really want this as a walk around ground hog gun but if these may be a very limited run I may be tempted to keep it new in box and start shooting my blued 6.5-inch 17HMR Single Six.

SATCOM

Blackhawk
CraigC,

Not according to this thread. That was my point, the .17MachII is not listed on any link to this thread or pasted data. However Ruger now lists Super Single Six in .17 HMR as CONVERTABLE but with only one cylinder.

I knew they were not converting to 0.177BB or such. Just looking for clarification of what is being offered.

SATCOM

CraigC

Hawkeye
Well if it indeed IS a convertible, there is only one other cartridge for it to convert to. Your post indicated that you did not know what other cartridge it would convert to. Pardon me for not reading your mind.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Interesting indeed... I predict that I have a gun ordered that will be announced tomorrow and that it was not supposed to be out there yet :wink:

My dealer was able to order it and give me the price that I will owe after their mark up so I have little doubt the gun exists...

chet15

Hawkeye
I think there will be a lot more than 72 of these. Sounds like regular production to me. Will know in a few minutes with Ruger's updated website.
Chet15