RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: 44 Special Project
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:27 pm 
Blackhawk

The .44 Special has been my favorite ctg. for a very long time. I use others regularly, but my infatuation with the .44 Special spans 5 decades! :wink:
As Bill Jordan would say, it'll do to ride the river with!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:43 pm 
Newly Registered

I know this thread hasn't been posted on in nearly a year but I'm brand new here and must comment.

I have been on discussion boards for several years now, including a couple of firearms related ones. This is hands down the most interesting and fun thread I've ever read. Lee, I feel a combination of awe and unabashed jealousy when looking at the photos of the process. Amazing friend.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:00 am 
Hawkeye

Nothing like seeing how it's done by a skilled craftsman!

CRPA Life
CRPC Life
SASS Life
SWCA
RCA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:29 pm 
Blackhawk

Paul,
Welcome to the forum.
Enjoy.

I'm kind of tickkled to see this thread back. There are a lot worse cartridges out there than the .44 Special!!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:03 am 
Newly Registered

Lee, just started following your thread. First let me say I have always been a huge fan of .44 spl. I like a big chunk of lead moving at moderate fps producing manageable recoil and lower levels of muzzle flash and lesser chances of over penitration. I also prefer to fill a casing with power rather than having it slosh around willy nilly. Good luck.
I have need of a part being machined for a High Standard darranger. Would you be interested in the job or can you refer someone.
This next question is for you or anyone that might be in the group.
I'm hot for a .45LC/ACP convertible Black Hawk, and have read a lot about accuracy issues due to inconsistency issues with cylinder and throat. Might you know if Ruger has addressed this issue or does one need to still have accuracy issues addressed with brand new guns?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:43 pm 
Blackhawk

Lburgau303 wrote:
Lee, just started following your thread. First let me say I have always been a huge fan of .44 spl. I like a big chunk of lead moving at moderate fps producing manageable recoil and lower levels of muzzle flash and lesser chances of over penitration. I also prefer to fill a casing with power rather than having it slosh around willy nilly. Good luck.
I have need of a part being machined for a High Standard darranger. Would you be interested in the job or can you refer someone.
This next question is for you or anyone that might be in the group.
I'm hot for a .45LC/ACP convertible Black Hawk, and have read a lot about accuracy issues due to inconsistency issues with cylinder and throat. Might you know if Ruger has addressed this issue or does one need to still have accuracy issues addressed with brand new guns?

NO personal experience, but I talked to a fellow who has one & he said it's very accurate with both cylinders.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:33 pm 
Newly Registered

Thanks Guy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:08 am 
Bearcat

My goodness that was interesting.

For the love of Ruger Single Action Revolvers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:08 pm 
Bearcat

This was amazing. Blows me away what some people are capable of and what others (me) are not.

For the love of Ruger Single Action Revolvers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:55 pm 
Newly Registered

Hey, Lee, I know this is an older thread but I just read through the whole thing.

I'm new here and wanted to post my thanks for taking the time! amidst the endless setup, metal shavings and lo0b flying everywhere to wipe off your hands to take as many great photographs as you have.

We've exhausted the supply of superlatives already here in this terrific thread, so I can only say, Job well done! sir. What a bitchin' pistol.

:D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:29 pm 
Newly Registered

Thanks for the compliment guys

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:02 pm 
Hunter

Apples wrote:
Hey, Lee, I know this is an older thread but I just read through the whole thing.

I'm new here and wanted to post my thanks for taking the time! amidst the endless setup, metal shavings and lo0b flying everywhere to wipe off your hands to take as many great photographs as you have.

We've exhausted the supply of superlatives already here in this terrific thread, so I can only say, Job well done! sir. What a bitchin' pistol.

:D

Glad you enjoyed it. Hard to believe this thread is now 7 years old. Here's a more recent shot of the gun. I gave the hard chrome a slight polish to add a bit of shine:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:28 am 
Newly Registered

She's a nice piece for sure. I loaded a fair amount of .44 special and never understood it's being misunderstood by the public. I guess it was overshadowed by the hand cannons. Thanks for starting the thread.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:37 pm 
Bearcat

Looks like it still has a few lifetimes of service left in it!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:30 pm 
Buckeye

IMHO the best bang for the buck regarding custom guns in 44 Special, is conversion of 357 BH or S&W M27. Bowen offers such conversions http://www.bowenclassicarms.com/catalog ... sions.html , and Clements http://www.clementscustomguns.com/rugerrevolvers.html . I am confident that other custom smiths could do the same.

Also, if desired caliber is 44 magnum, 30 carbine BH is right candidate for such conversion.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next