Ruger Old Army SN ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jack black

Blackhawk
I have a Old Army blue with fixed sights. The question I have is there is a stamping in front of the Serial Number it looks like a asterisk Any Ideas. I have no pics.

Thank you

Kandy Kisses

Single-Sixer
I have a couple pistols with that marking , i am under impression that they were sent back to be resold. gun show display or salesman example or who knows what else they goy sent back. Hope that helps. Ken

fixed sights it was a later model and an "*" stamped in the serial , before the number may denote it was a sample/sales/show gun , and they used to be stamped with a "U" and maybe even an "s",though on some of the older models depending on where the "s" was stamped designated a 'second', again, also maybe 'used' or a show sample.....so a picture may help tell us more....... 8) :roll: :wink:

jack black

Blackhawk
I can not do pics The asterisk is just before the serial number the gun has fixed sights blue 71/2 looks almost new maybe shot a few times. made in 94

RSIno1

Hunter
Kandy Kisses said:
I have a couple pistols with that marking , i am under impression that they were sent back to be resold. gun show display or salesman example or who knows what else they goy sent back. Hope that helps. Ken
Would a letter show what they were used for?

chet15

Hawkeye
There probably weren't too many "asterisk" Old Army's produced. Would go great in somebody's Old Army collection!
Chet15