No more blue, ful size frame NM Bisley, with 7.5" barrel?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Onty

Single-Sixer
I just checked Ruger website, looking for blue 41 Magnum Bisley, with 7.5" barrel. Couldn't find it. Also, checked for blue Bisley in 44 Magnum and 45 Colt, with 7.5" barrel, don't' see those either.

Did they stopped making them, or something is wrong with their website, or I am just looking at wrong webpages?

Also, I would appreciate if somebody could let me know what would be Ruger P/N for blue 41 Bisley 7.5" barrel.

Thanks

hittman

Staff member
RENE

See the Announcement in the Auction Links, Recurring Deals section.

JCW64

Single-Sixer
Those 7.5" Bisleys have not been cataloged for a few years now. The 41 has been gone 20 years or longer. The last model Ruger cataloged was the 45 colt around 2017-18. The later ones will have the laminate grips.

Rclark

Hunter
Wow, never noticed that... But sure enough. I would have thought the Bisley would be still popular in .44Mag and .45 Colt. I can fully understand why the .41 was dropped way back when . Glad I got mine (.45 Colt) when I did.

Rclark

Hunter
I understand that perspective too about pet calibers :) . But when demand isn't there, why produce it? I guess that is the reason for the demise of .44 and .45 Bisleys as well.

Onty

Single-Sixer
hittman said:
Rclark said:
I can fully understand why the .41 was dropped

:?: :?:

Well, many of us CAN'T.
Those who didn't own and shoot 41 magnum Bisley, certainly CAN'T. I was shooting 44-250 SWC, loads about 1100 fps, (TLA #5 Improved and 7.5" Redhawk), after 50-60 rounds I felt tingling in my hands. 100 rounds in one day was maximum I could take.

220 grains at 1100 fps from 41 Magnum Bisley I can shoot all day long (half scale silhouettes, recreational), at least 150 rounds.

Some older gun writers reported the same, especially those with arthritis, rheumatism, or some other issues in their hands and arms. 30 years ago I just noticed that, but when tried both 44 and 41, I understood. Yes, I do have 44 Magnums, and will keep them, but 41 Magnum Bisley 7.5" is on the top of my "must have" list. Would like to keep my hands and arms in a good condition for many more years.

Rclark

Hunter
Would like to keep my hands and arms in a good condition for many more years.
Me too... :) But ... Why not just load 'down' the .44 Magnum so it is comfortable to shoot all day? BTW, I found the SBHs/Bisleys much more comfortable to shoot than the Redhawk. Anyway, that is what I do. You can also shoot ~200-220gn bullets as well. If I really wanted to reach out there, why not just shoot the peanut .357? There are options! :D .

K1500

Single-Sixer
According to what I can find, Ruger hasn't made anything in single action (except the wrangler) in a few years.

Onty

Single-Sixer
Rclark said:
Would like to keep my hands and arms in a good condition for many more years.
Me too... :) But ... Why not just load 'down' the .44 Magnum so it is comfortable to shoot all day? BTW, I found the SBHs/Bisleys much more comfortable to shoot than the Redhawk. Anyway, that is what I do. You can also shoot ~200-220gn bullets as well. If I really wanted to reach out there, why not just shoot the peanut .357? There are options! :D .
For the same recoil, same bullet weight and same muzzle velocity, I've got from 41 Magnum bit flatter trajectory and punch on 100 meters, than with 44.

Regarding 357, if I want good knockdown, I have to load 357 to the top. Top loads in 357 make sharp crack, top pressures are harder on gun, especially on barrel forcing cone, etc. Yes, half scale silhouettes will go down on 100 meters even when hit with 357-155/160 starting 1100-1200 fps, but they just roll down. When hit with 41 Magnum, something happens, they fly. Priceless!!! :D

Didn't have a chance to shoot 44 magnum from Bisley, but did from just wonderful TLA #5 Improved:

13669272_2.jpg

Again, 50-60 rounds of 250 grains at 1100-1200 fps is all I want in a single day.

Latest posts