Which one to buy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MalteseHoss

Bearcat
I have been completely bitten by the Ruger Single action bug and have pretty much sold everything else in my collection to support my addiction. I am in between 2 right now and although the logical answer is buy them both, that's not feasible right now. I'm looking at a (Lipseys?)Blackhawk 45 convertible Bisley with the 3.75 barrel, and a Single Six arrow stamped with the 10" barrel. I already have the regular blued Blackhawk 45 convertible with the 4.625 barrel and a three screw Super Single Six convertible as well as a flat gate. I shoot all of my guns, except for the flat gate because it's in nice shape, and this one will be no different. Any thoughts or opinions?

That version of the Single-Six has been out of production longer than the Lipsey's special edition that you're looking at.

I'd prioritize the Single-Six, and grab it while it's available. Then, start the hunt for the Lipsey's when it's feasible for your wallet.

BTW, is the Single-Six blued, or stainless? Enquiring minds want to know. 8)

hittman

Staff member
Single Six.

Hands down, without a doubt.

Then do Old Models; 4 5/8 inch.

MalteseHoss

Bearcat
I think I will go with the single six. I have a strange way of collecting and my goal first is to get a Blackhawk in every caliber. I already have the 45 but was intrigued by the short barrel on this one. There is also a very nice flat top 44, which is way out of my price range but one that I need for the collection.
The single six is nice and although I initially had money on it but swapped it for something else, it never made its way back to the shelf. So I guess it's meant to be. It is a blued model and has a 9 1/2"bbl.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Opinions , no facts , just opinions.
Personally , I prefer a little more barrel . But that Bisley snubby is an icon gun for many ,,,,many.
Aside from the collecting aspect I feel most shooters would feel like the star stamped Single Six was missing something and start looking for a second cyl.