Ruger Bisley 45lc/45acp Conv. - 3.75" - value?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

heavyjim

Bearcat
I am trying to determine real value.

Checking on for completed sales on auction sites, i only found 2. Both sold for the "buy it now" price. One was$1000+ and the other was$1300+ with some extras.

Anyone have an opinion if that is about right?

Thanks for your input

IMO, depending on condition, that's been a pretty accurate (current) price range even for a Vaquero in the past year since it's extremely hard to find a 45ACP cylinder that will fit an existing 45Colt to make it a convertible. Since the ammo shortage, it's nice to have a gun that shoots both cartridges. I think we're about a year and a half out since you could buy that same gun for half those prices.

heavyjim

Bearcat
Thank you

It's in great shape. 45lc never been in the revive. The 45acp has been shot but not a lot.

Appreciate the info.

Green Frog

Single-Sixer
Finding the cylinder is the problem in "making" a convertible. I wonder whether Ruger would sell a cylinder in the "other caliber if you sent them the gun? I believe the answer is no, that they won't change calibers. :(

In my admittedly limited experience, Ruger's manufacturing consistency is pretty… consistent. More years ago than I care to remember I spotted a little red felt bag on a gun show table. When asked, the seller revealed that it was a RBH cylinder in 45 ACP. The price for this orphan was pretty cheap, and knowing my brother had a BH in 45 Colt, I bought it for him. It was a perfect drop in fit in his "non-combo" revolver and oddly enough the gun shoots more accurately with the orphan ACP cylinder than with the original Colt cylinder. Go figure. :roll:

I've gone a long way around to say that the originality of the OP's gun as a factory package is what gives it value, not so much that it is a combo. The second cylinder, if located, can be easily added. JMHO, YMMV. :wink:

Froggie