Not a Ruger but....looking for value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5of7

Hunter
I have a real nice S&W model 16-4 in .32 Mg. 6" bbl w/full underlug that I bought from a guy about 15 years ago who decided that it was too much gun for a .32 Mg. I'd say it is about 98% cosmetically and 100% mechanically. Now I am getting rid of some guns before my inheritors have to do it, as they know little about guns. So, my question is, how much are these going for in todays market?

Any opinions will be treated respectfully.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
I have not been watching them but I would guess over $1500.
Worth doing a lot more research though.
It is a much sought after unicorn grail for many.

A real nice 4" one with correct fingergroove combat grips, box, tools, and paperwork closed at $1600 July 25th on Brokegunner. 14 bids on it when it closed.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/905439528

k22fan

Blackhawk
Broke Gunner? I thought it is Gone Broker.

For several reasons the average Joe is not likely to get the exceptional prices sometimes seen on national auction sites, but I guess you can dream. At any rate, none of the K frame .32 S&W Long revolvers sold worth a hoot leaving them as odd ball items today. However, the guns that few people found practical when they were made are today's collector items. Better examples of the older K 32s without the full lug sell in the $3,000 - $5,000 range. Newer full lug K frame 32 Magnums from the 1980s are sought after by some target shooters.

MIshooter

Single-Sixer
I've seen prices from $1800-$2700 recently, depending on condition, barrel length and box and papers. I've had one on Guns International for some time with alot of looks but no buyers. I've dropped price twice now and at $2100 now. We'll see. Depends on demand.

buckeyeshooter

Blackhawk
k22fan said:
Broke Gunner? I thought it is Gone Broker.

For several reasons the average Joe is not likely to get the exceptional prices sometimes seen on national auction sites, but I guess you can dream. At any rate, none of the K frame .32 S&W Long revolvers sold worth a hoot leaving them as odd ball items today. However, the guns that few people found practical when they were made are today's collector items. Better examples of the older K 32s without the full lug sell in the $3,000 - $5,000 range. Newer full lug K frame 32 Magnums from the 1980s are sought after by some target shooters.

Are you talking K frames? I have a very old (1917) 32 long with fixed sights and a 4 ich barrel. I think they call it an I frame? What do they go for ? Condition about 85%, just blue wear, no rust.

k22fan

Blackhawk
Are you talking K frames? I have a very old (1917) 32 long with fixed sights and a 4 ich barrel. I think they call it an I frame? What do they go for ? Condition about 85%, just blue wear, no rust.[/quote]

The only thing your I frame has in common with the K frame .32s I wrote about is their bore diameter. Post WW-II K frame .32 S&W longs, both target sighted and fixed sighted, are scarce. The target sighted K-32s are specialized target revolvers. The more common 1980s full lug .32 Federal Magnum revolvers are uncommon heavy target revolvers. Yours is a common pocket pistol. What ever the value of yours is it is not related to the newer K frames.

5of7

Hunter
I did put the 16-4 on Gunbroker and it went for $1249. It was just the gun with the correct grips, no box or paper work. I had fired it perhaps 200 times and it was is excellent condition.

Johnnu2

Hunter
GOOD INFO re: your sale.

Thanks for letting us know..... Not too many folk share that kind of info anymore.......

J.

Latest posts