Peep Sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Snake45

Hawkeye
Nimrod308 said:
Isn't there someone on the forum that makes these??
Thanks
Yes there is. He insists on incorrectly calling them "ghost rings," so if you run a search for ghost ring, I'm sure you'll turn up one of his many ads. :wink:

woodsy

Blackhawk
Just wondering: were there ever any "peep" sights for handguns, approved by the U.S.Army? Many appeared on rifles, but I don't recall any for handguns. And my personal experience is that the aperture should be as close to the eye as possible, without hitting the face during recoil.

woodperson

Single-Sixer
I currently have the "ghost ring" sights ordered from the classifieds on this site on 2 guns. They work better for my old eyes than the Ruger ramp site on the Blackhawks. I do not shoot as fine a group as I can with the regular sights on a good day but can see the sight easily and do pretty well. The better your eyes and shooting the less you will like the ghost ring sights, I think. I soldered brass rods onto the front sight so that I have a dot in a circle. I shoot a lot of fairly slow loads and needed to raise the front sight on both guns anyway. I do not shoot cowboy so I undercut the brass rod a little. That made a hugh difference in getting contrast at the front sight for me. I have tried an ultra dot and a reflex dot and the factory sights. Right now I am wearing the ghost rings and like them. I cover up what I want to shoot and pull the trigger. One thing I like about the ghost sights compared to the Ultra Dot is that they are closer to the bore and I do not have as much parallax to deal with when shooting different loads. Another thing of course is that it still feels like a gun with the ghost sights. If I hunted with these guns I would go back to dot sight or maybe scope.

Jon406

Single-Sixer
Warren sights have been putting these out for years

https://www.warrencustomoutdoor.com/one-hole-sights.html

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I have several of the "One Ragged Hole" peeps. An Old Army Stainless with a gold bead Redhawk front sight. Also I did same on a Stainless Security Six. Front sight gold bead Redhawk. Rear peep. I was consistently hitting 100 yards steel targets with It.

Ravenn

Bearcat
Jon406 said:
Warren sights have been putting these out for years

https://www.warrencustomoutdoor.com/one-hole-sights.html
Put one of these on my Bisley Blackhawk. I,m 71 y/o and have far from perfect vision, but this site did make a marked difference