Security-Six Spings

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pete

Single-Sixer
Where can I buy some reduced power hammer springs and trigger return springs for this revolver?

Thel

Blackhawk
The mainspring out of the GP's will fit the Security Six. I put a 9lb mainspring in my Speed Six which has been tuned. The lightest Wolff offers for the Six Series mainspring is 14 lbs. The GP/SP mainsprings are available from Wolff in 9, 10, 11, 12 pound ratings.

Thel

Blackhawk
When I tried the Wolff reduced power Six springs they worked but to be honest did not notice much difference from stock. If you do decided to go lighter I would be tempted to try the 11 lb spring and then if not satisfied can go up or down from there.

Toyman

Single-Sixer
When I went through Ruger's armorers school I was advise if you wanted a lighter double action in Security Six,
use the main spring from a 10/22. To make it work you have to reduce the width of the hammer strut to accommodate the 10/22 spring.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Yep and when I went through armorer's school they told us the first thing the factory does on returns is put full power springs in. You want a faster lock time anyway. I can't believe all the people that change out trigger return springs to the point you can fire the gun fast enough to tie things up because it's not resetting fast enough. If you're shooting single action by cocking the gun leave the springs alone. Slightly harder pull but fast and snappy is way more reliable.

JStacy

Blackhawk
The GP100 main spring is 14#'s and works fine in both of my Security six guns. Nice light trigger and pops mag primers for me consistently.

Latest posts