KBN-3275 any idea of how many where made?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ozarkhawg

Bearcat
I consigned mine to bryant ridge on GB, in all fairness I knew when I bought the 8 shot blackhawk that Ruger only made the 8 shot 327's the first year and maybe second year and after that they have all been 7 shot since, to the best of my recollection. My consigners are claiming ruger only made around 200 of these model 00353. Can anyone confirm that number to be even remotely close? I recall it taking me about 2-3 weeks to find mine but it didn't have that "RARE SEARCH" of only 200 ever produced. If yall want to check it out 878036255. Just shocked that from a price stand point it is already in 3 screw flattop 44 range, I would have never thought it.

contender

Ruger Guru
Interesting.
I own a KBKH-3275. Your gun is a lower serial number than mine, by around 2800 numbers.
They look identical. I'll have to double check my box to make sure I have the info entered in my records correctly, and to check the model number.
But,, there are scarce to find,, and desirable to many.
Ruger doesn't release production numbers,, and with the current numbering system,, it's hard to figure out exactly how many were made of specific guns.

Ozarkhawg

Bearcat
Yea should have obviously put a couple more in the safe, I can say without a doubt it's the most pleasant of the 327's I have ever shot. All the 327 have a bad tendency of making my ears ring for a couple days after!

I have one, it's serial number is about 500 lower than the one being sold. Or, 3300 numbers lower than Contender's gun. They are extremely fun guns to shoot.

Thanks for the information Contender. I looked at the box mine came in. It's a KBN. It would be interesting to see the difference between the KBN and the KBKH models. Why would they have such short runs and have different models?

I know someone here on the forum has a factory pinto model of this 8 shot .327. I forget who at the moment. He's posted pictures of it before.

32shooter

Blackhawk
Kevin, I had one of the pinto models. Someone on the Forum was looking for one for their collection so I traded it for an all stainless one.

contender

Ruger Guru
Short runs are often the result of a Distributor testing the market. They ask for a specific type of gun, and they agree to purchase all of that model. Then, they see if it'll be a good seller or a "ho-hum" seller. And sometimes,, they will purchase another "lot" of the same gun,, if they get enough requests.

It's POSSIBLE,, (and this is just my own thinking here,) that in this case,, the initial run of the KBN version was the first trial run. And later on,, the KBKH was done,, and got marked differently. Then, the clean up parts were used and the "Pinto" version appeared.

lolbell

Single-Sixer
I understand that the two tone, (catalog no. KBN-3275A), was actually an error. There were supposedly 68 non stainless cylinders produced by mistake, and rather than scrap them they built them, gave them their own model no, (00356), and made them available to employees. Mine is as pictured above, (except with factory grips), blue cylinder, ejector, and ejector housing. SN is roughly 20 numbers higher than 32shooter's. Fired case is also dated 3/13.

Ozarkhawg

Bearcat
I put a box through mine, just my thoughts on the 8 shot cylinder. Little difficult to load you had to have it lined up perfectly while loading it. Same goes for ejecting the spent cartridge. Fun to shoot and accurate, just the ringing in the ears. Wish I had bought 2 or 3 more that I have come across since I bought mine. Even offered it to a buddy of mine for what I had in it, he didn't want it then. Think he is regretting it now though.

Ozarkhawg

Bearcat
Wow $1427.00 I don't know who ended up with mine, but I sincerely hope you enjoy it for years and years and years!

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
Wow is right!

I have one that is NIB dated 12/28/2009. I picked it up from an individual whose father collected Ruger's and passed away. Could it be worth $1,400? Last year when I checked I thought they were only going for $800-900.

Ozarkhawg

Bearcat
I had a feeling it might bring $1100-$1200 as the ones I had seen where in that range on GB. Mine was bought for $805 if I recall in 2017. I added $600 to the sale and turned the 327 into a 2006 NIB consecutive studio engraved set of KNV-455E. Not bad for 14 years old and close to original list price, think I came out ahead in the long run. They look real nice next to my consecutive montados 44's.

djw54

Single-Sixer
It's crazy how much these have gone up since I bought mine three years ago!

Mine is numbered almost 9000 higher than the OP, with an April 2011 shell date.

FWIW.

z1r

Single-Sixer
Mine is numbered 1062, date Dec 2009. Got it a year or so ago for a great price, I thought.