Single Seven

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MIshooter

Single-Sixer
Ok. Picked up a new 3 3/4" Single Seven birds head. Just too cute (can I use that to describe a pistol??). Already had a 4 5/8" but not sure there is a limit.

So like the 4 5/8", I had the same issue. After opening up the loading gate, the cylinder took some effort to rotate, loaded or empty, seemingly catching on the pawel. Looking through Kuhnhausen's book on Ruger SA's he mentioned that sometimes the edge of the pawel needed to be chamfered so that's what I did. It worked great and now all is well and cylinder rotates normally.

Anyone else have the same issue? How did you fix it?

PS I know where there is a 5 1/2" Single Seven if anyone needs one. PM me if that's you.

MI-shooter

jdowney

Bearcat
I didn't have that issue, but I do find the loading gate a bit stiff on both my single seven and a new birdshead vaquero I bought. My used guns it opens much more nicely while still having a non-floppy, positive action.

So I wonder if that is part of it?

These little birdsheads are cute indeed :mrgreen:

contender

Ruger Guru
I like others have not had any issues with my one & only Single-Seven. But it seems like you figured out a small way to fix it, and should do the same to gun #2. Otherwise,, a polite call to Ruger Customer Service could get you a pre-paid return shipment label, and then Ruger could fix things.

djw54

Single-Sixer
Had the exact same problem on my bird's head. Sent it to Ruger and they fixed it right up (including replacing cylinder). My 5.5 they replaced outright; the pin jumped with recoil, and the loading gate didn't line up.