New grips for a Flat Top

Help Support Ruger Forum:

larryofcc

Bearcat
After everyone here telling me that I had the wrong grips on my Blackhawk 357 #1064, (they were wood), I put out feelers for originals. A gentleman on this Forum was kind enough to sell me a set that had turned brown like a lot of the old ones do. Anyway, it is a beater that saw much hard use, but it functions like new. I will get it out and shoot it soon, I say that, but I have a nice pre 57 357 S&W I have owned for a few years, and have not shot that one either. Big Larry

standard.jpg

And there was nothing "wrong" with those walnut grip panels that were on it when you bought it, they just hadn't been originally shipped on the gun. The backstory concerning the notches on them was a neat feature as far as I'm concerned. Hope you will keep them as a little "provenance" for the piece.

The black plastics, even if a little brown, do return the gun to its original "as shipped" configuration, which is always a good thing. And from what I can see in the photo, the gun appears to be in pretty nice shape, not a "beater" at all. Congratulations on a good score.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

larryofcc

Bearcat
Ale-8(1) said:
And there was nothing "wrong" with those walnut grip panels that were on it when you bought it, they just hadn't been originally shipped on the gun. The backstory concerning the notches on them was a neat feature as far as I'm concerned. Hope you will keep them as a little "provenance" for the piece.

The black plastics, even if a little brown, do return the gun to its original "as shipped" configuration, which is always a good thing. And from what I can see in the photo, the gun appears to be in pretty nice shape, not a "beater" at all. Congratulations on a good score.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I will keep the walnut grips. The gun is not beat up, it just has a lot of surface wear. Best of all, nothing has been altered in this gun. It still has all its early parts. I have sent for a letter. Thanks, Big Larry