My favorite Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
As most of y'all may know, I'm fond of the Single Action revolver. Here is a photo or two of my favorite Ruger:

100_0220_zpsad3jxt6m.jpg

100_0213_zps6w0hgvfc.jpg

100_0023_zps8673559d.jpg

100_8190_zpshfq18zsx.jpg

I'm sure its in there somewheres.

Bob Wright

Rclark

Hunter
So 'which' of those is your favorite ;) . The one I shoot the 'most' is the .45 Colt 5 1/2" blued flattop. Followed closely by the .45 Colt 5 1/2" blued New Vaquero. Might call these 'my' favorite center fire Rugers just because on each outing, usually one of those is in the range bag or on the hip!

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
mhblaw said:
Nice! What is the source of most of the grips?

The nice wood grips are from Lett, who used to supply factory grips to Ruger as well as selling custom grips. The really nice grips are from Cary Chapman. The stags are unknown. I had to buy a New Ruger Vaquero, which I didn't want, in order to get them. Then had to buy a New Model Flat Top, which I didn't have,in order to have a gun for them.

Those with medallions in them are stock and have yet to be replaced.

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Rclark said:
So 'which' of those is your favorite ;) . The one I shoot the 'most' is the .45 Colt 5 1/2" blued flattop. Followed closely by the .45 Colt 5 1/2" blued New Vaquero. Might call these 'my' favorite center fire Rugers just because on each outing, usually one of those is in the range bag or on the hip!

Now you're tryin to pin me down a mite too much. But these two .45 Colt Blackhawks are the ones I shoot most, the one on the right my daily carry gun:

100_0477_zps0iv1caww.jpg

And one of thesese two Super Blackhawks are tops for shooting when the range gets a bit distant:

100_8390_zps53pqqufz.jpg

Did I get close enough to narrowing it down for you?

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
And this old .45 Colt Ex-Bisley lay dormant so long as it had that weird grip on it. Finally converted it to a Super Blackhawk configuration and found a new fondness for it:

100_7663_zps6d23c47b.jpg

Grips are by Eagle Grips, by the way.

Bob Wright

mhblaw

Blackhawk
I have some Lett grips on my matching Buckeyes acquired in '89/'90 and several sets of Cary C grips as well. I was sorry to see him go out of business. He did nice work with nice wood.

Bob Wright said:
...The stags are unknown. I had to buy a New Ruger Vaquero, which I didn't want, in order to get them. Then had to buy a New Model Flat Top, which I didn't have,in order to have a gun for them...

Bob Wright

Mr. Wright, I LIKE your logic! :p

eveled

Hawkeye
I got dizzy trying to eliminate the duplicates. Are the same guns in multiple pictures? Or do you really have 25 super nice Blackhawks? Any one of them would be my favorite if I owned it.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
eveled said:
I got dizzy trying to eliminate the duplicates. Are the same guns in multiple pictures? Or do you really have 25 super nice Blackhawks? Any one of them would be my favorite if I owned it.

Yes, some of the guns appear in more than one photo. And I don't have 25 super nice Blackhawks.

At least, I don't think so.

Bob Wright

P.S. Hmmm. "Super Nice Blackhawk." Sounds like a name for a newly introduced Single Action!

Rclark

Hunter
Now you're tryin to pin me down a mite too much. But these two .45 Colt Blackhawks are the ones I shoot most, the one on the right my daily carry gun
I tried -- and two's good :) . That's really the only way to classify favorites (IMHO).. Ie. By what we carry/shoot the most. I do like all the SAs I have... I should add to my favorite list as I forget I always bring my Single Six .22LR to the range along with one of the Big Bores.

Latest posts