When in Doubt Make Your Own - Mid Frame Bisley in 357?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KMK-678GC

Single-Sixer
Good eye, Onty! When I first put it together the trigger return spring pin fell out and I didn't notice it. Consequently, the trigger just stayed back. There is some fitment issues with the ears on the grip frame being just slightly taller. Not too bad and until I am ready to get the GF reblued Ill leave it be.

Onty

Single-Sixer
KMK-678GC said:
Good eye, Onty! When I first put it together the trigger return spring pin fell out and I didn't notice it. Consequently, the trigger just stayed back. There is some fitment issues with the ears on the grip frame being just slightly taller. Not too bad and until I am ready to get the GF reblued Ill leave it be.
Yeah, I noticed that something is out of ordinary. I wouldn't load it. Take a look at firing pin. With trigger in this position, transfer bar is up and hammer is pressing firing pin as you pulled trigger.

The only other thing I would like to have is Keith #5 style base/cylinder pin like this:
p_713000156_3.jpg

However, I am not sure if such pin is available for Flattop Ruger, you can check with http://powercustom.com and https://beltmountain.com

Otherwise, just gorgeous revolver!

KMK-678GC

Single-Sixer
I pulled it apart and reset the trigger. Functions great and shoots very well.

Very happy with the outcome.

Thanks

170-grn-LHP-357.jpg
Never give up hope, I remember sending many letters for decades, asking for a five shot 480, told many times they would never produce a five shot, lo and behold look what we have today!

I also looked high and low wanting a stainless 5 1/2 or 6 inch Blackhawk Bisely in 357 not dreaming, it could be had with a unfluted cylinder which would be a bonus, once again to my surprise.

Never quit writing, and never quit looking.

Onty

Single-Sixer
wildcatter said:
170-grn-LHP-357.jpg
Never give up hope, I remember sending many letters for decades, asking for a five shot 480, told many times they would never produce a five shot, lo and behold look what we have today!

I also looked high and low wanting a stainless 5 1/2 or 6 inch Blackhawk Bisely in 357 not dreaming, it could be had with a unfluted cylinder which would be a bonus, once again to my surprise.

Never quit writing, and never quit looking.

Beautiful revolver, congratulations. And accuracy is excellent.

Now, if you like hot loaded 180gr bullet, did you ever consider using single base powder like IMR4227, or other similar single base powders? I knew fellow who had FA Model 353, and for silhouettes he was making top loads using H110 and W296. Well, quite soon he noticed erosion on barrel forcing cone. He switched to IMR4227 and no further erosion. Also, for the same reason I will never use Lil'Gun.