GunBroker price fluctuation

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Neezer

Bearcat
I feel that over the years people can look to GunBroker to get a general idea of what things are worth. I realize there are many factors that can set pricing trends, but sometimes I guess I just don't understand the huge price difference in what I would deem identical products. Within the last month one of our members (golferboy426) an amazing person to deal with) sold an old school gp100 kgpf-340 with yellow box with shipper.....it was truly an amazing package. It was mint in my mind. I would have bought it, but I have one. It sold for a reasonable price of $525. Yesterday I was browsing GunBroker for fun and saw the exact same weapon with current bids of $1375.00 and the auction isn't even over yet. I tried to compare the difference to see if I was missing something.......I don't think I am. The only differences that I'm finding is golfer boy426 had old school boxes and the current one on GunBroker has newer gray plastic hard case as we see today. The only other thing is the the current one is being sold directly by Ruger for their fundraising efforts. I'm into fundraising and I too have bought things from Ruger to aid in their fundraising, but this price difference seems to be way out of line in my opinion. Just wondered what I might be missing. Not good at attaching links but I found the current GunBroker listing under Gp100 2002. PS.....laughing, I generally don't sell too many guns, but if anyone wants my kgpf-340 for $1375.00........let me know

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
All bets are off in this current situation of a worldwide pandemic. So norms of pricing are going to go askew.

And those Ruger auction guns go for higher prices because most have truly never left the factory and are still New in Box, and they represent rarer offerings from Ruger.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
People will often spend more when the proceeds go towards any type of charitable organization. Others will happily spend more for such an item just to say they got it "directly from Ruger" and that somehow makes it something above and better than any others of it's variation.

Do not take the price any Ruger firearm being auctioned by Ruger (through Gunbroker) with the proceeds going to a good organization to be a "normal" Gunbroker auction. As has been said, these firearms are not the typical Gunbroker firearms. They are coming from Ruger, they have not been in circulation (or are special in other ways and that is normally spelled out in the auction description). A lot of great organizations have been helped by these auctions.

I picked up a very nice laser engraved 5.5" Redhawk at my local Friends of NRA banquet earlier this month and I can say with no remorse, I paid more than MSRP. But the funds go to good use for shooting groups within the state to help them out. You can see it here: http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=285614

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
All good points above.

I too have bought a few guns off of the Ruger Auction offerings and have had to pony up as the saying goes. :wink: I bought them for two reasons, #1, The pucker factor as rugerguy likes to say, because they were special and fit into my collection and #2 The money raised from these sales goes to very deserving groups and is my way of contributing to them as well as getting something for myself! :wink:

A group of friends and I used to get a table and attend the annual FONRA events, our's was almost always the high table at these events.
We did it because of the fact that a large portion of the money spent stayed in our community and benefited the local shooting sports as well as the youth of our area. We always considered it money very well spent!!

It's not always about what the firearm cost us, it's about who and what the money from the sale is used for! :wink:

Terry