SECURITY SIX

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Toyman

Single-Sixer
I stopped at a local shop I have not been in for some time. The counter display cases were empty of all plastic semi autos.
I saw a 6 inch Secrurity Six in a case and was advise consignment gun. I asked the price, $450 so I told the counter person that I would take it. He advised that the Nevada back ground check number was ringing busy and had been for sometime today. He further advised that the last 3 days have been very busy and checking to restock was not looking good.
I have a Nevada CCW so this is my back ground check so purchase was completed. The ones waiting for back ground will probably have to come back another day to complete purchase
The serial number is in 150-41XXX range probably a late 1973 or 1974 production gun. A little blue wear on barrel and cylinder.
fPzoO6K.jpg

hittman

Staff member
Congrats ...... a difficult gun to find for sure. Lucky dog! :lol:

Mine 6" probably isn't "low back" (I really wasn't aware of this feature) but it is LNIB with magna-porting. I've never fired it and guess I should sell it to someone who can appreciate it more than myself.

gunzo

Buckeye
I've seen a lot of 4" low backs. No 6" I can remember.

Is the 6" scarcer?

Great looking revolver BTW.

Toyman

Single-Sixer
Before I cleaned the gun I inserted fired cases into the cylinder and had a bit of resistance push them in. Scrubbed the charge holes and tried the cases again went in easy and ejected easily. The barrel was a little dirty and cleaned out showing a bright bore. The trigger felt smooth and light, 2 1/2 pounds single action 9 pound double action. I hope I don't have light strikes when I can get to the range.

Those early 150s had a different grip than the latter ones.... I have a 6" and a 4" and wanted a stubby for a while with a 150 serial number but then as the price of them climbed I decided to go in a different direction with my money.

Acorn

Buckeye
Whatever you do don't part out the grips. The low backs are different than the newer models and scarce. I've been looking for a set for my 4" SS low back and haven't lucked onto a reasonable priced set.

Boneman

Bearcat
That is a beautiful gun! Congratulations! I was fortunate enough to acquire a 4 " lowback a few years ago. Several months after I purchased it, I got a call from the dealer saying the he had the original white box serial numbered to the gun! The estate it had come out of had found some boxes upon further cleaning things out and had sent them along. What a nice reunion.

Latest posts