SECURITY SIX

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Toyman

Single-Sixer
I cleaned the gun before taking it to the range. I tested the single and double action and found 2 1/2 pound single action and 9 pounds double action. I thought this was on the light side.
Yesterday at the range I had several light hits with double action but the rounds fired single action.
The gun shoots high with rear sight bottomed out will look to replace the front.

edlmann

Blackhawk
Toyman said:
I cleaned the gun before taking it to the range. I tested the single and double action and found 2 1/2 pound single action and 9 pounds double action. I thought this was on the light side.
Yesterday at the range I had several light hits with double action but the rounds fired single action.
You might want to replace the mainspring with a stock one - it may have been swapped out decades ago.

JStacy

Blackhawk
I have an almost identical twin , mine was made after the 151 prefix grip changes. My gun shoots 158 commercial cast bullets like a 22 target pistol, great guns.

Toyman

Single-Sixer
After looking for 6+ months I found a set of Herrett grips on EBAY that were listed for "early Ruger Security Six". I took a chance and the grips fit great now finding time to shoot the gun.
oyatVxl.jpg

wagsfn

Bearcat
Toyman said:
After looking for 6+ months I found a set of Herrett grips on EBAY that were listed for "early Ruger Security Six". I took a chance and the grips fit great now finding time to shoot the gun.
oyatVxl.jpg
Great find! Looks super....