New Redhawk (FoNRA High Caliber gun)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Went to our local FoNRA banquet/auction last night. Saw a few things, bought the wife some nice jewelry at good prices on the silent auction but didn't win any guns. I did end up buying the FoNRA 2020 High Caliber Club Committee handgun. It is a laser engraved 5.5" Redhawk. Here it is:

P8oxUw6h.jpg

ysMdkdlh.jpg

The FoNRA does a lot of good, half of the money raised stays in the state to give grants to shooting groups that can use some help. Our local one isn't real big and the folks attending don't have real deep pockets like a lot of committees get but it usually raises about 50K-60K each year.

contender

Ruger Guru
I wondered if you'd try & get that gun! KUDOS!!!!!!! Ours sold for $1200 if I recall correctly.

I'm going to another FoNRA event next Saturday!

BPJ,
Go here: https://www.friendsofnra.org/national.aspx?cid=0

Then click on whatever state you're in and it will bring up all the FoNRA events being held, the date, the location and the contact details.

contender

Ruger Guru
Advertising for these events is a funny thing. It's published in the NRA magazines,, with info about the Reps for a given area. You can contact them. Or,, as noted,, the on line method is excellent for finding an event, and even buying tickets etc.

Sadly,, in SOME places,, the NRA prefers we do not do a major newspaper article about an event & what we do, and when an event is happening. Why? Well, it can draw protesters & disrupt an event. We hold my event in Asheville NC,, and that city is a hotbed of very liberal types,, who'd jump at the chance to protest & such,, and the local media would cover it. That could cause some attendees to no longer attend. In fact,, I had a guy, very supportive,, who owns a business in Asheville. He was a very quiet attendee,, but would not do anything that put his business name out there. He quit coming to our event & joined a committee in the area where he lived,, about 40 miles away. He's still a big supporter,, but feared his association in our area would hurt his business. Luckily,, that event & my event is still in the same district of NC for our overall fund raising,, so it's all good. But that's the mentality of why advertising is a sketchy thing with SOME places these events happen.
We've tried to get our FoNRA Rep to allow us to have a story in a local newspaper,, in a nearby town (Hendersonville NC) but the Rep says not to do it. In fact,, a few years back,, he'd heard we might have protesters,, and we had to hire LEO as security "just in case" for 2 years.

Luckily,, in some places,, the whole community is strongly supportive of FREEDOM,, and supports these events & all. Those places,, have very successful events. And advertising is often easy or not even necessary as they sell out the available tables quickly! We have one committee in our region that the Chairman starts calling folks about the event when he gets his tickets. He can only have 44 tables of 8 in his facility. He sells ALL 44 tables,, at a Corporate rate of $1500 each table,, in 2 days or less. Location, Location, Location.

Ronin
That is a nice looking revolver. not over done. Congrats.

BPJ
I'm on the committee for our local FoNRA. I've attended them in 5 states, some multiple times. You should have a blast. Good luck on the raffles.

contender

Ruger Guru
BPJ; We are going to another FoNRA event this coming Sat as well! Good luck,, spend some money (to help the cause) and have fun!

hittman

Staff member
Our local event scheduled for mid-April has been postponed until fall.

Bear Paw Jack said:
Ron, FWIW, the Redhawk high caliber gun went in the live auction that I was at for $3000. Blew my mind. I'd have to call that a home run.

WOW! I don't think I would have gone that high (but would probably have regretted it if I had the money and was in that $ area of bidding and didn't buy it :D )

That's a great donation to that committees fund raising.

Latest posts