Bisley Blackhawk Gun Show Find

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Blackmore

Blackhawk
Stumbled across this at a recent show - appears to be a KBN36 (.357) converted to Bisley configuration. S/N dates it to 1980.

YWaVEBR.jpg

fmzNIAH.jpg

BDM1

Single-Sixer
That is really nice. Interestingly (to me, anyway), i have never held a Bisley grip in my hand, but they sure look good. I remember an article or two by Ross Seyfried, he was big on them. Congrats!

LAH

Buckeye
BDM1 said:
That is really nice. Interestingly (to me, anyway), i have never held a Bisley grip in my hand, but they sure look good. I remember an article or two by Ross Seyfried, he was big on them. Congrats!

At one time I was the same. But after having one I prefer the standard grip frame. Like you however I like the looks of the Ruger Bisley.

muzzleloader

Single-Sixer
BDM1 said:
I cannot think of a single article by Mr Seyfried I didn't thoroughly enjoy and learn something new. And yes, he was big fan of heavy caliber Bisleys. Nice find Blackmore.

Blackmore

Blackhawk
Bill Lett, Jr. of Ruger's former grip panel and skeleton stock wood inlet maker has been selling old inventory on eBay for a while. I recently won these S/R logo'd pepper laminate panels for my revolver replacing the plain wood ones it came with.

eol47mA.jpg

uyGqcaW.jpg

Chief

Single-Sixer
I kinda liked the coloring of the palin stocks better. If you could put those medalions in those then... well we would have somthing. Seriously nice score, good lookin' piece. Sometimes personal conversions are what the factory should have done.
P.S. I wish Ruger would go back to the shouldered base pins.
Ralph

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Blackmore said:
Bill Lett, Jr. of Ruger's former grip panel and skeleton stock wood inlet maker has been selling old inventory on eBay for a while. I recently won these S/R logo'd pepper laminate panels for my revolver replacing the plain wood ones it came with.

I have been following Bill Lett Jr's eBay page and have felt very fortunate to be able to acquire some genuine Lett grips, and recommend as a source. The link to Ruger history and WBR is the cool factor for me with these products.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Chief said:
I kinda liked the coloring of the palin stocks better. If you could put those medalions in those then... well we would have somthing.

Easy to do, just need a set of medallions and a 1/2 drill bit. The SR black medallions still plentiful if you look around, even Bill Lett Jr has some for sale

contender

Ruger Guru
Actually, if you wish to add medallions,, a drill bit is normally tapered,, so a different bit is required to get a flat base inside the hole area. A forester (spelling?) bit is better,, and the best is a specialty bit is best.

Chief

Single-Sixer
I like Blackmore's revolver. Makes me want to find some bisley parts and get to work on mine!

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Chief said:
I like Blackmore's revolver. Makes me want to find some bisley parts and get to work on mine!

Midway price seems reasonable to me for bisley frame & hammer

Latest posts