Ruger revolvers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

maduecehb

Bearcat
While going thru my brothers safe I came across these (2) Rugers, both are NIB. I would like to know their value and history.

KNR-717H

KNR-717HX

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Did not mean to rustle the weeds. My brother passed away several years ago and we are just now getting thru the probate!

contender

Ruger Guru
As noted,, the convertible one is much rarer & more valuable. This was due to problems with HM2 ammo casings splitting,, whereas Ruger stopped making them.
As to values,, condition & completeness of the package is important. If these guns are NIB,, with all the stuff originally shipped with them,, then the values,, according to the RENE guide are;
KNR-717H about $660.00
KNR-717HX about $1025.00

PERSONALLY,, I would not part with my convertible one for that amount.

rmw

Bearcat
All I know is that I would have a huge problem with someone going through my safe, asking questions about value...

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
rmw said:
All I know is that I would have a huge problem with someone going through my safe, asking questions about value...

How do you know that the brother hasn't just passed away and they are going through his belongings?

SteelBlue said:
rmw said:

How do you know that the brother hasn't just passed away and they are going through his belongings?

That was my first inkling, as well... or perhaps the brother isn't an internet user, and asked the OP for assistance.

If I were a nefarious schemer, I would likely not start my post with, "While going thru my brothers safe..." :p

Valuation questions are asked all the time (and answers readily given) without anyone questioning "why."

contender

Ruger Guru
rmw,, as noted,, we here prefer to NOT ask personal questions. We assume that the folks here are not doing anything illegal or wrong.
A different thought. Most folks do not have access to a safe without the permission or consent of the owner.

rmw

Bearcat
contender said:
rmw,, as noted,, we here prefer to NOT ask personal questions. We assume that the folks here are not doing anything illegal or wrong.
A different thought. Most folks do not have access to a safe without the permission or consent of the owner.
True on those points. I guess I'm a little cynical!

bogus bill

Hunter
I post a lot on several gun-sites. I think I give a little more background details than most as some readers are very literal. I noticed the short cut too but assumed the poster likely was helping his widowed SIL out or possibly his brother who is on his death bed and wants to start liquidating. I am getting there myself.
Then again, I always raise a eyebrow when I read a new poster always asking what a gun is worth with no explanation of why they are asking and immediately a dozen volunteers are wanting to help. I question why someone will buy a gun then go to a gun site to see what they should have paid.

contender

Ruger Guru
My condolences as well.

And it proves the point I made earlier. Do not condemn anybody w/o details. We do respect privacy,, and trust the members here.