New Redhawk grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cmonti77

Single-Sixer
These new grips from Arizona Custom Grips just arrived. They are for my Ruger Redhawk round butt .41 magnum. These grips are made of Oxblood-color hardwood with custom dragon skin texture. Really awesome quality and detail, and they can be made in several different colors and different texture patterns. Great company to do business with, and I highly recommend them if you're looking for new revolver stocks.

C0-A6661-F-9053-4792-A76-E-6-BCDDDC722-FE.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Those look nice. I don't think they will be cheese graters due to the flats & lack of really sharp edges. Please report to us on what you think.

cmonti77

Single-Sixer
I took the revolver to the range and ran a little box of 20 Federal Hi-Shok 210 grain hollow points through it. Like contender observed, the texture is smooth and there aren't any sharp edges to dig into your palms. Shooting a .41 magnum even out of that short barrel is comfortable with these grips. They are machined out of a much harder and denser wood than the Altamont grips that came stock from the factory. Arizona Custom Grips is a really great service to do business with and their shipping time is fast too. I give them my highest recommendation.

Here's another picture of the grip texture from a better angle, so you can see the smoothness of the scales:

77-E9-FFA4-8479-4-E1-D-B556-9370835-AEF2-E.jpg