Hammer question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
FM,, looking at the other post about the rubber hammer cap,, if you notice,, rugerguy explains that all the OM's had a 4140 steel not stainless hammer.
If you are wanting a blued hammer,, already blue,, then,, no,, I've not seen any offered unless it was from a custom makers shop.

And even the OM's that have the "blued" hammers,, the sides are shiny,, until use. In the white so to speak.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
SA blued guns supplied with stainless hammers and triggers, (also internal action parts) instead of blued carbon steel, didn't begin until 2004 and included all blued models by 2012.

So there are over 30 years of new model blued gun production that had hammers and triggers made of blued carbon steel. Therefore I've never been unable to acquire blued versions of hammers and triggers, just not from Ruger.

Specifically what model are you looking for blued hammers/triggers for?

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Fox Mike said:
Hondo44 said:
Specifically what model are you looking for blued hammers/triggers for?
Fox Mike said:
Does anyone manufacture a non-stainless hammer for the Single Six or Bearcat. I have done every kind of 'search' that I can think of and found zip.

I saw that but New Model or Old Model?

Have you searched the classifieds on this forum, ebay or gunbroker? That's where I find them especially NM parts.

contender

Ruger Guru
FM; What he's saying is that no matter what,, the model,, the hammers are not stainless until 2004. It means that the hammers made prior to that may look stainless,, but aren't. And as such,, can be blued. Ruger did blue many hammers,, THEN polished the sides to look shiny.

So,, yes,, Ruger did make blued hammers,, but only the top portion was left blued after polishing.
If you desire a totally blue hammer,, then just have a gunsmith blue an older hammer!

Latest posts