Must be a lot of new custom handguns completed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dixie884

Blackhawk
I have noticed there are a lot of nice guns for sale on the different forums. Looks like some are making room for new additions to their collections. Of course I could be wrong............

bogus bill

Hunter
Maybe most of us are getting old and don`t want our wives to deal with it. Custom six guns are now getting to be a old man thing. Hi cap plastic autos is where it`s at for the newer unwashed and unlearned generation. I still haven't let any go just yet as I am a gambler. Coming up on 79 and shake like those dogs on those Animal Protection Society ad`s looking for donations. I aint giving up just yet.

Johnnu2

Hunter
I agree with bogus bill.... not letting go of any of my stuff either. I'm gonna keep'em until I croak, even if I just get to LOOK at them as I deteriorate :). After that, let the cut-throats go after them. If there is a God, I'll get to watch the greedy slime-balls work-over whoever has custody of them. So far, I'm happy to say that I've never purchased anything from anyone who's lost a loved one.... just my personal life ethics.
IMHO of course,
J

I'm not as old as some of you guys but I'm thinking about down sizing , there are a lot of guns in the safe that's never even been shot , I'm getting to the point of why have so many , sell some off and take the money and do something else with it

bogus bill

Hunter
My collection, like me is old. Now I am disabled and need a walker. I know I should start selling off a big part of them but reason like this: If I sold a gun today two weeks from now I couldn't tell you what I did with the money and wouldn't have the gun either! For my much younger wife's sake I know I SHOULD be selling and have a separate account for that but I haven't been able to make myself do it. At one time back in the 1980`s I had just married my first/ex wife. I was about pushing forty and being single with a good job had built up a nice collection.
I had a old very cheap house so decided to sell off some guns for the down payment on a new house. Worked fine for a few years. The ex was a lot younger than me and a draw to our tables. Soon I was buying more than I was selling. Worked fine until she ran off with another married man and most my best western era historical guns I wasn't going to ever sell. Had them before we ever met! She denied taking/stealing them although only her and I had the safe combo. The SD detective wouldn't put them on the hot sheet as she denied stealing them and told me if he arrested someone with them they would own his house and mine as far as the court was concerned they were hers to take as well as me. In the divorce settlement she finally agreed under protest any guns IF recovered were to be considered mine. None has ever shown up and its been 35 years! To this day I still get mad all over again when I think or write about it. One gun a Colt New Frontier, Audie Murphy bought new as a matched pair he willed his sons. Others were guns I had inherited and some old western era colts and smiths I had bought. The experience doesn't make me hot to sell what I have left although I know I should at this point of my life for wife's sake.