32 H&R value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

338reddog

Single-Sixer
I just ended up with a semi custom Buckeye 32 with Bisley grip.
So I am contemplating selling my 2, 32 H&R single sixes.
Both are in good shape. I have a Bisley fixed sight and standard grip.
Was wondering where fair prices should start.
Jeff

Hawkeye?
Or semi custom Buckeye?
On your .32 Bisley fixed sight gun, does it have the engraved or fluted cylinder?
Could make a difference
Pictures would go a long way here.
What is the barrel length of the standard grip .32?

338reddog

Single-Sixer
Yes Buckeye, my bad. I have to measure but I believe both have 6.5 barrels. The Bisley has the engraved cylinder and free spin cylinder. I need to find a good picture hosting sight.
Jeff

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Value of a 32 mag is also kind of dependent on who's lookin at it.
Sounds funny but guys that have done 32'S for a while tend to see 32 H&R and 327FED as two distinct and different guns and capabilities. Guys that reload and experiment will see huge potential in both rounds.
Guys that are newer or first timers at the hot 32S lump then together and tend to think of a 32H&R as over the hill and less than a 327FED,,,,,,, so why have one.
Much the way 44 spl. died almost overnight when the 44mag launched. Only now coming back based on it's own strengths.
Like the old 32-20. If you just read reloading manuals and never stretch the legs of a NEW,MODERN gun you think why bother

bogus bill

Hunter
I have this .32 H&R mag.
https://i.postimg.cc/tg0rgV5m/Ruger-single-six-32-H-R-Mag-65004687.jpg

338reddog

Single-Sixer
My Bisley 32 H&R is the same model that Weaselmeatgravy sold here about a week ago. He stated only about 200 were made model 06531. How can the production # be confirmed? He states RB32W, what is this # reference to?
In running the serial number I see model 06531 but not the RB32W
Jeff

G2

Hunter
I have both Buckeye and the fixed sight Single Six Bisley.
The Buckeye being a Blackhawk frame makes it kinda clunky -vs- the Single Six Bisley.
Might I suggest you hang on to the Bisley, making sure your liking the Buckeye,,,,
I find I really don't prefer the Buckeye. :wink:

To me the 32 and the Bisley Single Six were made for each other.

338reddog

Single-Sixer
G2 said:
I have both Buckeye and the fixed sight Single Six Bisley.
The Buckeye being a Blackhawk frame makes it kinda clunky -vs- the Single Six Bisley.
Might I suggest you hang on to the Bisley, making sure your liking the Buckeye,,,,
I find I really don't prefer the Buckeye. :wink:

To me the 32 and the Bisley Single Six were made for each other.
I have thought about that Same thing. I also have a plow handle version with adjustable sights that maybe a better option. I also thought about switching grip frames and have tried it, the fit was very good.
I have not shot the Blackhawk or plow handle yet, and it's been so long since I shot the bisley I can't remember how I shot it.

G2

Hunter
Jeff,
Did you end up with the 32-20 cylinder too? My Buckeye usually has the 32-20 cylinder installed which is kinda fun to shoot.
I also had my 32 reamed to 327M but because of the size still fall back to my 5.5" 327M Stainless Single Six,,,
413078562.jpg

,,, and 327M Birdshead. Both hold a 7 rounds too :D :D
413575956.jpg

338reddog

Single-Sixer
I did get both cylinders. Since someone fit a bisley grip, I was considering shortening the barrel. I already had two dogs send me a new front sight
I used to have a 32 birdshead with the fake color case. I stupidly traded it.
Do you have to seat the bullet deep to use .327?

G2

Hunter
I sold my 4.6" 32HRM Birdshead just before the 3.75" 327M (8163) was introduced, acquired the 327M Birdshead, and no regrets.
I don't load the heavy longer bullets, I usually go with a 100gr lead or XTP.
I also really like the American Eagle 327M 100gr SJSP/1500fps, They are some hard hitting speedy factory loads.
Back when 327 brass was hard to acquire I bought the AE factory ammo to get the brass, pleasantly surprised in the performance. It's HOT & accurate.