Blackhawk/GP100 rear sight question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

No they are not interchangeable as far as I can ascertain.

You can compare parts by using: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ and using the different firearms schematics. The part numbers for the sights for the NM Blackhawk are different from those for the GP100.

You could also go on the Ruger site to compare parts.

jpickar

Blackhawk
I just looked at my BH, SBH, SS and GP100. Without taking them out and trying them for 100% I don't see why they wouldn't be interchangable.

98Redline

Blackhawk
I am pretty sure the sights are interchangeable.

If you look on Bowen's site, the replacement sight for any of the Ruger single or double action guns with the "ears" are the same

That is very possible, I was going by the part numbers used by Numrich and they were different. It may be that Ruger numbers them differently for each revolver even though they are the same. For the best/exact answer would be to call Ruger to see what they say.

s4s4u

Hunter
I am fairly certain that Ruger uses the same sight base in all models, but there may be a different blade in some which may account for a different part number. Bill was all about keeping costs down.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
I think the width of the blades and white outline or not is the only difference. Base is the same?

Latest posts