Want fluted stainless 41 Mag cylinder for Bisley

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Seventy7rs

Single-Sixer
I have one of the Stainless 41 Mag Blackhawk bisleys, similar to the Accusport but the next version without warning label in side of barrel. I bought it new about 5 years ago.

I want a fluted stainless cylinder for it, similar to the recent stainless plow handle blackhawks. Any suggestions on how to get one - can I send the gun to Ruger and pay them? Should I just send my cylinder out for fluting?

Thanks in advance.

gunzo

Buckeye
It cost nothing to call Ruger & ask, but doubtful that they will cooperate. They've gotten to the point that they will no longer fit any cylinder to a gun other than the same type as it left the factory with.

Custom roll mark removal & fluting is likely to be your most logical option.

smith1961

Blackhawk
powder smoke said:
Ruger NOW has a custom shop! I assume it's to customize customers firearms.
Worth a shot IMO. ps

No, not quite. Probably never will either. :roll:

"We are not performing individual custom work at this time." Straight from Ruger Custom shop FAQ's

contender

Ruger Guru
Your best bet would be to do one of 2 things.
Flute your cylinder,, as any good SA gunsmith should be able to do.
Have a spare cylinder built for your gun,, to keep it original AND give you the desired look you want.

Ruger isn't doing true custom work. That's why there are custom gunsmiths who are in business. Bobby Tyler in Texas is a man to talk to,, and he's a member here,, as well as a well known Ruger custom guy.