SITUATION FIXED—-SHOP RUGER IS A JOKE!!!!Who to contact?????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CMH

Blackhawk
Curious who and how to contact someone at Ruger. I had gotten a email that if you spent $75 you got free shipping and a hat. Spent $160 and got charged $5 shipping and no hat. Called customer service and they said because they came from New Hampshire and not North Carolina I got charged shipping and didn't receive a hat. What in the haites is Ruger doing??? A lame excuse for customer service!!!

tinman

Buckeye
You would think that whoever runs the training for those CS "agents" would give instructions that the prevention of such a post as this should be first in their minds. Hey Ruger! send the boy a hat! And since y'all gave such a lame excuse, send him a pocket knife or some such also. :idea:

CMH

Blackhawk
That's the number I called and you explained what had happened and they told me because they came from A instead of B I didn't get the free shipping and hat. I know amounts to $5 shipping and prolly a $10 hat it's just the principle of the whole thing. They advertised something and I took them up on their offer. I would of purchased the rings irregardless ...... just bad customer service from a company.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
My polite response would be: "The ad didn't say anything about it having to be from one location or another, so how are you going to fulfill your offered obligation to customers and make this right with me?"

Give Ruger another chance to get it right: call back, likely get another rep (or even if the same rep), and if they give you the same non-solution answer, I'd ask my question above. If they don't know or say they can't fix it, ask for supervisor.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I'd think mailing out a hat for free is a lot cheaper for Ruger than the negative publicity they'll get for their mistake.

CMH

Blackhawk
Well..... called back and talked to a supervisor and got the same lame excuses as yesterday!!!! She was absolutely no help and offered to fix nothing other thanI did get a "sorry about that"!!!!! What a joke ......

I also believe their customer service model is changing. That in spite of some top-notch treatment, in the previous or next encounter. It's like they've got certain employees that just have an axe to grind.

If you believe you're right, and the fine print agrees with you, call your credit card company and have them reverse the charge.

hittman

Staff member
CMH said:
I had gotten a email that if you spent $75 you got free shipping and a hat.

Called customer service and they said because they came from New Hampshire and not North Carolina I got charged shipping and didn't receive a hat.

I too would be interested in seeing the email.
Your order placed after an expiration date?
A required "coupon code" or something of the sort wasn't used when order placed?
Was it restricted to items available only in N.C.?

This has been a recurring promotion.

I clicked on this...

to get this...

There was no other fanfare or information with it other than paste the code at checkout, and look as hard as I might, I see no stipulations, other than expiring Sep 28.

RSIno1

Hunter
tinman said:
You would think that whoever runs the training for those CS "agents" would give instructions that the prevention of such a post as this should be first in their minds. Hey Ruger! send the boy a hat! And since y'all gave such a lame excuse, send him a pocket knife or some such also. :idea:
BUT keep his $5

Bottom line though is file a claim with your credit card company. I'll bet they will get Ruger's attention.

Johnnu2

Hunter
If they are as efficient as the VA, you WILL get your hat (in about 4 months) :))
IMHO of course....
J

I received that ad also, I would call back and ask politely, "Where does it state that the order has to ship from a specific location in order to receive what the ad states?" and "Who determined where the order would ship from?"

Since the answers to both questions are clear....Ruger is responsible and MUST MAKE IT RIGHT....

AS far as their customer service is concerned, it is going the way of most CS in this day and age....people just don't care and can get away with sucky CS, so they do....NO EXCUSES should be the standard.

Mediocrity when accepted...is the beginning of the end of excellence.