GP 100 MC in 10Mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JStacy

Blackhawk
I just got a new GP100/10MM MC but , due to medical problems, have not been able to shoot it yet . Any one have one and had it out to the range ? I would love to hear your impressions and ammo you tried.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I've run about 200 rounds through mine, mostly handloads and S&B factory stuff. Having 33 moon clips lets me load up almost 200 rounds at a time for more shooting and less loading. I've run 100 rounds of 40 S&W handloads through mine with a couple of misfires, probably due to less than perfectly seated primers. Recoil is about like a 357 with 10mm's and not much less with 40's. A very doable revolver. It's not my dream 41 special but it's close. Bob!! :wink:

contender

Ruger Guru
I too have one,, and I'm working on getting it broke in for USPSA shooting. I've had a few misfires using non-factory moon clips,, with my 40 S&W ammo. That MAY be due to the differences in clip thicknesses. But,, it may also be due to it needing to be shot more.

But,, it feels better in my hands than my S&W 646 in 40 S&W. And it shoots just fine!

Latest posts