Tempted by a 45acp/45Colt Redhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JustsayMo

Single-Sixer
A 45 acp / 45 Colt Redhawk turned up locally and it has me intrigued. I've never owned a Redhawk but have GP's and SP's.

How much does the point of impact deviate between 230g acp and a 255 gr 45 Colt at 25 yards?

contender

Ruger Guru
It depends.
The shooter, how you hold the gun, and react to recoil etc.
The loads used, such as powder puff 45 Colt loads vs. full power 45 acp, vs. bear killing butt stomper 45 Colt loads, vs. USPSA barely major PF loads, etc.
Then it also depends upon the gun. Some guns seem to accept differences with very little if any change, at short ranges,, while identical guns can be way different.

I own one & have only had time to tinker a LITTLE with it,, so I'm not sure where the differences may be in mine,, yet,, !

I'd say if the price is fair,, I'd snag it & never look back.

Acorn

Buckeye
Can't speak to POI but they are great, big honking guns! Hogue now makes aftermarket grips if stock don't fit. I like mine a lot!

smith1961

Blackhawk
Buy it! It'll shoot everything from cowboy loads with the velocity trajectory of an NFL screen pass, to near .454 loads and everything between. That ain't even mentioning how cheap .45 acp is
:shock:

black029

Single-Sixer
To me, moon clips for the ACP is a bit of a drawback. They're a pain to deal with, I always booger up one at the range. That's why I love my birdshead.