New TALO Bird’s Head Blackhawk in 45ACP/45C

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger and TALO have worked together on a pretty cool new Blackhawk...with Wiley Clapp, who nicknamed it the "CarryHawk"

Ruger Model #0477 I believe.

4" Barrel...yes, 4"
Slab sided barrel.
'V' Notch rear sight
Black Matte Carbon finish.
Black Micarta Grips.
Big dot XS Front Sight
Unfluted Cylinder

See http://www.taloinc.com/

I like it!

Rclark

Hunter
Sights look interesting, but I do prefer a blued or case colored finish on my revolvers. Each to their own though! Looks a lot like the finish on the Wrangler. It does use the 'correct/perfect' cartridge though ... .45 Colt :) .

Rclark said:
Sights look interesting, but I do prefer a blued or case colored finish on my revolvers. Each to their own though! Looks a lot like the finish on the Wrangler. It does use the 'correct/perfect' cartridge though ... .45 Colt :) .

And I agree. I like the premise of this revolver, and in a case colored and/or blued version, it could be quite the looker. 8)

contender

Ruger Guru
Gee,,, not one actually in the hands of anybody here,, and already complaints about it. (Wrong caliber, wrong color, etc.)

Can't we just be happy they are still making SA's in this day & age of "black plastic" stuff?

contender

Ruger Guru
No, not everyone is complaining.

Opinions are totally allowed.

However,,, a wise person once said; "If you can't say something nice,,, don't say anything at all."

I guess I get tired of all the negative stuff that pops up in just about everything in todays world. Here we have a Company,, that got it's VERY successful start by building a .22 semi-auto pistol, at a price point a working man could afford. Bill built the company on that Standard Auto. And if course,, back then,, many folks didn't like what they saw & made negative comments & such. BUT,, it was a quality product,, and many folks DID like it.
Now,, 70 years later,, the Company took a page out of it's own history,, and built the Wrangler. I saw a lot of negative stuff about it as well. Yet,, MANY people are buying them,, and enjoying them. I personally handled a few early ones in a gun shop that was selling them for full retail. I knew I could buy them at a better price point,, and now,, I own 4 of them. I did not judge,, make ANY comments,, etc until I personally had handled AND now even shot one. In my opinion,, quite the bargain,, and again,, helping Ruger maintain it's position at the top of the industry as a leader.

Now we have another "different" gun,, and it's not even in the hands of folks,, and I see statements by most of the posters that either dislike it,, or desire something else in it. Yes,, Wayno made a comment about a different color,,, as did RClark,, which I see as a sorta "sideways" comment wishing for something different. And the comment about a different caliber,, again,, sideways comment.

We ALL have our PERSONAL preferences,, but at the same time,, I do not think I've ever seen Ruger offer a new gun here,, that somebody,, did not make a comment about the gun wishing for something else.
Wayno, RClark Three50seven,, all seem to like the gun,, yet mentioned something different. I fully understand that concept,,, as I too PERSONALLY prefer certain things over others.

BUT,, my whole point is that we as a group of Ruger fans,, should at least wait until a gun is in the hands of folks,, and try them before passing judgement. Color/finish is always a personal choice item. Some prefer blued steel over stainless, over color case hardened over Cerakoting etc. And the fact that Ruger is still building desirable SA's for us,, should be met with more enthusiasm IN MY OPINION.
Yes,, we can have opinions,,, I do,, and I expressed mine. No one single gun is going to please everybody.
I was not trying to start an argument in any way, shape, or form. I just hoped we, as gun owners would be HAPPY that Ruger keeps on building good SA's for us to enjoy.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
Totally agree. If they offered it in blued finish, you'd hear some folks wanting it in stainless, followed by "Ruger, are you listening?"

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I like the concept. Its a nice offering by TALO. I always reserve judgement until they show up within arm's reach.
A nice handy all-steel 44SPL or 45ACP is fine.

Not sure if I like the recent trend in SA grips with factory finger grooves, though, not specifically this gun. They always seem to ruin an otherwise instinctual grasp.

If everyone liked the exact same thing it would be a dreadfully dull world with no innovation.

All I hope to see here is a certain degree of decorum in expressing one's opinion, to which he/she is entitled.

:wink:

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
I would certainly buy one if they made the barrel longer for us unfortunate canucks. Our gub'ment won't allow any handgun importation with less than 105mm barrel length. :roll:
No complaint here about Ruger, I'm thrilled they are increasing the choices! It is our repressive politicians that take them away... :x

RUFFBIRD said:
I would certainly buy one if they made the barrel longer for us unfortunate canucks. Our gub'ment won't allow any handgun importation with less than 105mm barrel length. :roll:
No complaint here about Ruger, I'm thrilled they are increasing the choices! It is our repressive politicians that take them away... :x

Yes, that .2" of barrel is the difference between a good gun and a bad gun to the Government of Canada.... :roll:

Latest posts