RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:29 am 
Ruger Guru

No rule against expressing an opinion.

However,, how many posters here have put on in their hands yet? None have said so,, and by looking at the picture & description are passing judgement,, BOTH good and bad. I CHOOSE to wait to see one before I make my PERSONAL decision on liking it or not. If I went solely on pictures or other people's word,, there are a few guns in my collection I wouldn't own right now.
And for the record,, my personal opinion on what I see in the picture & description,, I wouldn't exactly get excited over one. I'll wait until I see one to pass judgement. Yet,, I CAN see the potential for many folks to actually get excited & want one.

" A fine is a tax for doing wrong,
and a tax is a fine for doing
right! "
NRA Instructor
USPSA shooter
SASS shooter (Outlaw Joe Wales)
NRA Women On Target Instructor
NC Hunter Safety Instructor
Nuisance Wildlife Control
Scuba Instructor
Eagle Scout, BSA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:48 pm 
Hawkeye

Has anyone heard a price on it? I shouldn't even ask that question as I'm trying to cut back some. Heliman is a real good influence on me. :mrgreen:

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:08 pm 
Hunter

I put a birdshead grip on my 4 5/8 Blackhawk once. The grip is too short and doesn't index well. All that weight forward wouldn't help. I took it back off and bought the shorty new vaquero instead. Still doesn't index as good as a Blackhawk but the birdshead grip is more compact so it makes more sense with a compact barrel.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:49 am 
Hawkeye

Bear Paw Jack wrote:
Has anyone heard a price on it? I shouldn't even ask that question as I'm trying to cut back some. Heliman is a real good influence on me. :mrgreen:

https://www.adamsgunshop.com/products/h ... 004775-484

https://www.battlehawkarmory.com/produc ... 04775-3367

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:17 pm 
Hawkeye

That's a reasonable price, I guess, for a new gun. Problem is I have too many guns that provide the same function. That's one of the problems I believe they are going to run into. And I have more than enough just Single Action guns that will do the same thing. You add double action revolvers of all sorts, and I'm talking 4" or shorter barrels, and then to come along and and offer another one, I think it's may be a tough sell.

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:25 pm 
Hawkeye

Bear Paw Jack wrote:
That's a reasonable price, I guess, for a new gun. Problem is I have too many guns that provide the same function. That's one of the problems I believe they are going to run into. And I have more than enough just Single Action guns that will do the same thing. You add double action revolvers of all sorts, and I'm talking 4" or shorter barrels, and then to come along and and offer another one, I think it's may be a tough sell.

Already having one is a cop-out. :mrgreen:

I have dozens of guns that are similar to others or perform the same duty. Never stopped me from buying just one more. 8)

And that's why I've always got guns to sell.

Buy high, sell low...Make up for it in volume. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:46 pm 
Hawkeye

Dave has been trying to be a good influence on me. :shock: :roll:

You on the other hand find it easier to play the other side, as I might at times. :D :D

George Orwell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:40 am 
Hawkeye

Gotta remember that real serious Ruger collectors will usually buy anything that comes from Ruger with no intention of ever actually shooting it . . . to "complete the entire set". Absolutely nothing wrong with this endeavor, and if I had a more generous hobby budget I'd likely be doing it myself.

Once again, this is one of those I'd have to personally fondle before thinking about buying one. It does have a sorta "industrial" character that I appreciate, and the caliber is right.

JMHO
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:45 pm 
Hunter

Personally, I prefer my OM 45 long Colt convertible. I think with bear loads, recoil could be a bi---.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:23 pm 
Hunter

I am looking forward to seeing one of the new guns. I HAVE had experience with the sight set up, as the same thing is on the blued Single Seven from the same distributor. I bought two and the second one came with plastic grips instead of the promised Micarta. It also had cosmetic challenges and I just presumed it was an end of the run gun and probably ran out of the good grips and slammed it together. I decided to keep and shoot the ugly one and sold the pretty one.

It comes with the XS sights like this new 45 but of course scaled down to single six size. The front sight is much taller than standard and would not properly fit existing holsters. Plus, I am not a fan of a big fat white dot on top of a white line rear blade that is also extra high. The sights came off and a set of standard sights went on.

So, with this new 45 Colt/acp, the goofy sights would have to go. I like the finish and the flats on the barrel and especially the BIRDS HEAD grips.

Louiethelump@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:10 pm 
Single-Sixer

I have owned and put thousands of rounds through many, many Ruger single action revolvers. They Included most every caliber and barrel length, and every grip shape. I began thinning the herd a few years ago to fund my WWII and WWI military issued handgun collection and to purchase some Smith & Wesson and Ruger double action revolvers.

However, my New Vaquero .45acp TALO single action, birds head in high polish stainless I will never part with. The grip (custom made) fits and fills my hand perfectly, at 30 feet, offhand, it's amazingly accurate, and an absolute joy to shoot.

ImageImage

The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time. - Jack London -

Zen And The Art of Shooting Rugers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:45 pm 
Hunter

Beautiful revolver!

Good Sam Club Life Member
Christians United for Israel
Friends of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad, Inc.
'Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths.'— C. H. Spurgeon
https://youtu.be/0AEj3LA2vSo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:34 pm 
Blackhawk

I have a blue one just like it..................

dgilbert07 at windstream.net

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:15 pm 
Hawkeye

I was wondering how far it would fly out of your hand after touching off a +P 265gr CorBon, those are painful in my 7 1/2" Bisley, I cannot imagine how nasty they would be in that gun.
I wish Ruger would make a Bisley grip 45 Colt/45ACP just like it

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:00 pm 
Hunter

There is the stainless one but only has 3 3/4” barrel. I love mine but am not into pain so I don’t shoot those elephant killers in it. It is pleasant with the hottest of 45acp that I will ever use.

Louiethelump@yahoo.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next