RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:13 pm 
Hawkeye

Looks like a good utility revolver. Nothing fancy, just a well built tool. If it ever receives approval in Maryland I would seriously consider one.

NRA
Ruger Owners & Collectors Society
Maryland Shall Issue

No matter what life throws at you, NEVER ring the bell.
"Do or do not; there is no try." (Yoda)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:30 pm 
Blackhawk

The Rat Rod of single actions.... Functional, I'm sure, Ugly absolutely !!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:04 pm 
Single-Sixer

Not ugly. Looks all business, intimidating.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:10 pm 
Hunter

I would certainly buy one if they made the barrel longer for us unfortunate canucks. Our gub'ment won't allow any handgun importation with less than 105mm barrel length. :roll:
No complaint here about Ruger, I'm thrilled they are increasing the choices! It is our repressive politicians that take them away... :x

A true American, just happen to live north of the forty ninth. "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:43 pm 
Buckeye

RUFFBIRD wrote:
I would certainly buy one if they made the barrel longer for us unfortunate canucks. Our gub'ment won't allow any handgun importation with less than 105mm barrel length. :roll:
No complaint here about Ruger, I'm thrilled they are increasing the choices! It is our repressive politicians that take them away... :x

Yes, that .2” of barrel is the difference between a good gun and a bad gun to the Government of Canada.... :roll:

GONH Life Member
RENE Member
ROCS Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:32 pm 
Hawkeye

. . . which is why Ruger stretched all their 4" DA revolvers to 4.2" for Canadian import. I think they did the same thing to the Bearcats.

:)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:07 pm 
Single-Sixer

Looks like a fat Wrangler in a decent caliber..........Bet it doesn't have a Wrangler price! :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:53 pm 
Blackhawk

Is that on the full-sized Blackhawk frame, or the reduced "medium" or "Anniversary" Blackhawk frame? if it's on the smaller frame, I think it's interesting. But since it's not a flat-top, I think it's the full-sized frame. Which says to me it's too heavy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:51 pm 
Blackhawk

I kinda like it. The finish makes sense for a gun that may see alot of moisture and grit. Sights are fine too. Not so keen about the stylized barrel-that doesnt appeal to me. I like it is a convertible, so non reloaders can have their pick of ammo selections.

No mention of weight I could see, but I guess it is within a couple ounces of a standard 4 5/8" Blackhawk.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:43 pm 
Single-Sixer

Why do they call it a Wiley Clapp Carryhawk?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:15 pm 
Hawkeye

Wiley Clapp, the gunwriter... when he endorses a product, or when a product is produced with his input, they use his name. And in this case, it was he that dubbed this product the CarryHawk.

http://www.taloinc.com/new-blog/2019/10 ... -carryhawk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:34 pm 
Hawkeye

I think it has a lot of potential as a quick personal defense gun. The birdshead grip has never really fit my hand, but I like the caliber, and the sights, don't mind the color at all. Just that I've been using the plow handle for over 50 years. I'd still like to handle one and see how it feels and points.

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:51 pm 
Hawkeye

Funny thing about birds head grips. They seem small, but I like them. My hand is wide, and even on a conventional Blackhawk grip, I must place my pinky below the grip. Easier and more comfortable for me to do so with the birds head grip.

I also very much like the express sight.

Everybody has their own idea of what works.

Last edited by WAYNO on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:37 pm 
Hunter

contender wrote:
However,,, a wise person once said; "If you can't say something nice,,, don't say anything at all."

Guess I won't say anything, then. Except, that IMHO, Ruger and TALO both missed the boat. Again.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:08 pm 
Hawkeye

Apparently there's a new rule against having an opinion about what Ruger builds, per someone elses specs.

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell