Questions about a rare .32

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I have information about a rare Ruger Bisley,,, Model RB-32A RCA. It's a stag handled, Bisley in .32 H&R made for the RCA back in about 1986. It's listed in Chad's Reference Guide as one of 8, and extremely rare. (Page 50)

Questions;
Anybody have a real world value as these don't often sell???
And is there any SERIOUS interest in someone here buying it?

chet15

Hawkeye
When the owner contacted me a while back I mentioned I might have a buyer lined up. Haven't said anything to that potential buyer yet though.
Chet15

48flyer

Single-Sixer
I have one of them, with the shipping sleeve.
Are you sure it is an RB-32A?
Mine has a fluted cylinder, and drift adjustable dovetail rear sight, and the box, and shipper is marked RB-32, as is the RCA certificate.
PM me your phone number and I can text you some pictures, if you'd like. Also I would like to see pictures of this one.
If it's a different variant of mine, I may be interested in it...

chet15

Hawkeye
The majority are the RB32.
The last shipment sent to the RCA were RB32A, in order to fill out their orders.
Chet15

hittman

Staff member
With so few ever sold on the "used" market, I'd say the value is exactly whatever 48flyer offers.

To me, lots of "cons" on this one.

Boutique caliber.
New model.
If you shoot it, you lose the value, now it's just a shooter.

But for the few hoarding the RCA or otherwise scarce guns ...... who knows.

Limited production but limited market too.

5of7

Hunter
If you are not interested in selling it, it doesn't make a difference how much it is worth. However in pursuit of a number and assuming that most everything is for sale, and if it was mine, I would list it on Gunbroker and have a reserve price high enough that it won't sell and see what kinda bids I got... 8)

There's a limited number of collections that this gun fit's into.
All Single Six Bisleys, and really, the RB32A covers that one.
All RCA guns.
All Single Six .32 H&R.
Unless one needs the gun to fill out a collection it's a hard sell for
the amount that a 8 gun variant should demand.
I have one, but if I NEEDED one to fill my .32 collection I would go north of 1000.00 today for the complete package including a labeled box and the RCA certificate.
I don't believe there were any difference's between the 8 except for serial number
and I wouldn't put up the money to chase a lower number in this case.
If that was the only gun needed to complete a collection and was up for auction between 2 collectors,.... we know how crazy that can get.
I would equate this gun value as a few hundred higher than a .32-20 Buckeye ANIB,
with the RB32RCA as about equal to the Buckeye.
Some may disagree with that citing the lower numbers available with the RCA guns, others just are not interested in any RCA guns.
It's just how you prefer to collect.
Me, I collect the .32 Single Six's , so I want ALL of them :D
If I had the money I would try to chase down all 8 of those guns :roll:
Ruger rich, cash poor, I'm content with my 1.
Buy the gun, Ty, I know you like the .32's :mrgreen:

contender

Ruger Guru
I posed this question for a guy who wanted to ask it,, but who can not get on the Forum. HE is the owner,, and he has had an interest in selling the gun. He indicated he also may have a buyer. I was just asking for him & not because I have any interest in buying it myself. The answers posted here that were helpful,, helped him.
If he was able to register,, he would have posted it himself.

I think he's gotten enough info unless someone else can offer a recent sale price of one of the 8 guns.

dixie884

Blackhawk
There is a pair on GB right now. I think they are up to $1550.00 for the pair. I think they are consecutive..............

JStacy

Blackhawk
Collectors value is one thing and shooters value is another. The collector market for this gun would be small , shooters market would be slightly larger . If someone wants to sell it and advertises it nationally he "may" find a collector in need other wise it will probably just sit because shooters will not pay collectors prices. I think 1000 is optimistic for the gun but I am not a collector. Iy will be interesting to see what it sells for? BTW , stag grips ? Was that a factory option on that gun ?