SBH Hunter model owners...a quick question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

msp2640

Single-Sixer
For those that have scoped their SBH's with a Leupold 2X, which size scope ring? Low or Med, I have no idea which size is supplied from the factory. Thanks Bill in MA

s4s4u

Hunter
Yes they come with medium rings. I didn't scope a Leupy but I had to swap to higher rings with them so I could keep my rear sight zero.

msp2640

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the info, I knew about the same height on the barrel mounts, just wasn't sure if the #3 low or #4 med rings, were the originally supplied size - Thanks again Bill in MA

David Bradshaw

Blackhawk
As rugerguy and s4s4u state, Super Blackhawk Hunter and Bisley Hunter come with Ruger medium height rings for 1" scope tube. Last I knew, Ruger will swap new 1" rings for 30mm, if desired.

Ruger rings are available in Low, Medium, and High, stainless or blued. The rings are held via Ruger cross bolts with 10-32 fine thread. My preference is to secure threads with fingernail polish and a 10-32 inside lock washer under the front and read nut.
David Bradshaw

msp2640

Single-Sixer
Thanks again for the added info. I like the 44 Mag caliber, but usually keep the "spirited" rounds to a minimum. I'd rather shoot a bunch of 44Spl's or + P's, so to speak! This will be my first foray into scoped handgun use, had the revolver for a while and had the scope for even longer stashed away, just never the rings to make it work together. Thanks Bill in MA