Ruger Old Army 5.5 IN Gloss Stainless

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boatswainsmate

Bearcat
Hello All,
I bought this firearm today at the gun show. I haven't been able to find much info on it except it's born date. Was this a regular production item or a special run? Thanks in advance. Boats

BDM1

Single-Sixer
Believe it or not, but i have never seen one in person, not even at a gun show. But, that is a very nice looking gun!

G2

Hunter
Somewhat limited production #'s and desirable, Usually bring around 1k +/- in New or LNIB.
Made in polished stainless(yours) and Blued.

If you want to add a blued one to your collection, I have a LNIB that I'm going to part with.

Nice acquisition.

RSIno1

Hunter
From Wikipedia

Variants
The Old Army was made in blued steel and stainless steel. Originally fitted with adjustable sights, fixed-sight models were first offered in 1994. A 5-½ inch barrel was introduced in 2002. Some versions were sold with polymer ivory grips

boatswainsmate

Bearcat
G2 said:
Somewhat limited production #'s and desirable, Usually bring around 1k +/- in New or LNIB.
Made in polished stainless(yours) and Blued.

If you want to add a blued one to your collection, I have a LNIB that I'm going to part with.

Nice acquisition.
Thanks

boatswainsmate

Bearcat
RSIno1 said:
From Wikipedia

Variants
The Old Army was made in blued steel and stainless steel. Originally fitted with adjustable sights, fixed-sight models were first offered in 1994. A 5-½ inch barrel was introduced in 2002. Some versions were sold with polymer ivory grips
Thanks

Rclark

Hunter
I have one of those. Shoots well after I had a action job done on it. I just have to get it out more often! I have in my notes that there were ~12,600 Fixed sighted ROA revolvers made (7 1/2", 5 1/2", blued, stainless) how many of each ... nobody seems to know.

boatswainsmate

Bearcat
Rclark said:
I have one of those. Shoots well after I had a action job done on it. I just have to get it out more often! I have in my notes that there were ~12,600 Fixed sighted ROA revolvers made (7 1/2", 5 1/2", blued, stainless) how many of each ... nobody seems to know.
Thanks

Del J

Single-Sixer
I had one, believe I purchased in 2003. I did use in CAS for couple of years. Sold to forum member. Of course I wish I had it back. Del J

Coop

Blackhawk
I used to have two of them, numbered 08 and 09, and shot them for many years as blackpowder C&B revolvers. I won two Frontiersman Top Ten belt buckles at SASS Winter Range National Championship matches at Ben Avery in AZ (2005 and 2007). Sold them for 4 times what I paid for them to a collector in MO eight years ago. I got tired of cleaning them.

Great revolvers!!!!

boatswainsmate

Bearcat
Coop said:
I used to have two of them, numbered 08 and 09, and shot them for many years as blackpowder C&B revolvers. I won two Frontiersman Top Ten belt buckles at SASS Winter Range National Championship matches at Ben Avery in AZ (2005 and 2007). Sold them for 4 times what I paid for them to a collector in MO eight years ago. I got tired of cleaning them.

Great revolvers!!!!
Thanks

Rclark

Hunter
Well, I took up G2's offer and now have a fixed blued 5 1/2" ROA as a mate for my fixed SS 5 1/2" ROA revolver. Now to find time to shoot it.

boatswainsmate, have you shot your ROA yet?

boatswainsmate

Bearcat
Rclark said:
Well, I took up G2's offer and now have a fixed blued 5 1/2" ROA as a mate for my fixed SS 5 1/2" ROA revolver. Now to find time to shoot it.

boatswainsmate, have you shot your ROA yet?
I haven't shot it yet. It's currently at my gunsmith making sure everything is in working order.

Coop

Blackhawk
I had a pair of them, used for CAS shooting for many years. Took two Top Ten WR belt buckles with them thru 2007. Sold them to a pard in MO for 3X what I paid for them years earlier.

OOOPS I did not remember my first post on 10/11/19. My bad.

Coop