Mis-marked Toklat

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jeffjeeptj

Bearcat
Was just at the nearby LGS. Looked at a NIB #5517. Left side was marked TOLKAT. Serial was 553-low 1000's. They had 2 others NIB marked correctly (TOKLAT) with serial numbers about 60 higher. Box and associated contents looked proper.

I decided not to buy the mis-marked one. The LGS did take it off display.

Has anybody else seen this?

No, and I'm having a hard time imagining how an erroneous roll-mark could escape from the factory. If it has happened, though, there will likely be others and will be collector bait for sure.

I think I'd have bought the mis-marked one.

:wink:

hittman

Staff member
Shoulda bought it or at least got a pic as proof it exists.

chet15

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1) said:
No, and I'm having a hard time imagining how an erroneous roll-mark could escape from the factory. If it has happened, though, there will likely be others and will be collector bait for sure.

Aha.... could be easier than you think since Ruger doesn't use rollmarks any more... they are lasered. So depends how the employee punches in the letter characters I suppose.
Opens up a whole new can of worms for Ruger, eh? Spelling errors on Ruger guns?
Chet15

chet15 said:
Ale-8(1) said:

Aha.... could be easier than you think since Ruger doesn't use rollmarks any more... they are lasered. So depends how the employee punches in the letter characters I suppose.
Opens up a whole new can of worms for Ruger, eh? Spelling errors on Ruger guns?
Chet15

Still, one would think the laser would be programmed to do a specific legend over and over, and would have a test run done before actually doing a complete run of guns. Yes, I know, Ruger hasn't been perfect since its inception, but still . . .

jeffjeeptj

Bearcat
I am kind of kicking myself for not buying the TOLKAT. I did find a post from February (this year) of a guy that has one.

https://rugerforum.net/pistols-revolvers/368469-i-m-new-here-proud-owner-new-toklat-today-when-i-got-home-i-cleaned.html

chet15

Hawkeye
jeffjeeptj said:
I am kind of kicking myself for not buying the TOLKAT. I did find a post from February (this year) of a guy that has one.

https://rugerforum.net/pistols-revolvers/368469-i-m-new-here-proud-owner-new-toklat-today-when-i-got-home-i-cleaned.html

Curious about actual serial numbers of where these can be found, I know you said low 1000's inthe 553-, but ??? Where there's one there's more. Maybe one batch of 10, or 100 or 279?
Chet15