Ruger offering engraved GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Don't normally have much interest in GP100's , but this is an impulse buy that I'll look to satisfy. :mrgreen: It could join my engraved SP101 in the safe.

I've already searched, and I've yet to find one for purchase.

gunman42782

Hunter
WAYNO said:
I've already began searching.

The price is $906 total, from my FFL, but there are none available at this time.

Are they already sold, or have they not yet been supplied?
I just received the email from Ruger the day I posted it, so I doubt they have all been sold!

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Love the engraving, but I like my TALO unfluted version better than the engraving. Now if I could get the unfluted version with the engraving that would really interest me. But I only need one and the unfluted version is not going any where. Do like the grips on that revolver though.

mjh

Single-Sixer
I like the looks of the grips, not sure the engraving is enough for me to go out and buy one.

skeeter said:
Not usually a fan of engraving, but I like this one. Its not overdone, just tasteful.
Yep, get rid of the HiViz sight, put the original GP 100 grip on it, so I can get Sack Peterson's inserts, and that would be a Jim Dandy BBQ gun!
gramps

black029

Single-Sixer
I like that they finally have decently designed wood stocks, but they fit poorly. In several different ways. Are they Altamont, like so many of their grips/stock?

Bear Paw Jack said:
Wayno, I heard the man. Are WE gonna shoot it or is it a safe queen?? :mrgreen: PM me, where did you order it from?

I'll never shoot it. It'll live in the safe with the other guns sentenced to darkness.

My FFL said both Davidson's and Lipsey's had these simultaneously. Don't know which one he actually used.

I got mine.

A couple of observations...

Front sight... A Hi-Viz is not my favorite. But it's is a metal sight, so it receives some vindication.

The engraving is definitely not etched. It is engraved.

And although this revolver is brand new, it's got a bit of a turn ring. Somebody somewhere, from the factory to my FFL, must've decided to take it for a spin. :mrgreen:

It is very nice, and compares favorably to my engraved SP101 8)