Super Blackhawk original grip panels

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
I have a Super Blackhawk (.44 magnum, stainless, 10-1/2" barrel) that I inherited from my grandfather. It came to me with a Pachmayr grip, which is all I've ever seen on it. I was wondering if there's a way to determine what kind of grip panels would have originally come on it (light, dark, brown, black, etc) as I'd like to get a set. I do have the original box and the catalog number is KS 416N.

hittman

Staff member
Look for walnut grips. They're plentiful and not expensive. An ad in the Classifieds will likely hook you up.

Others may know if they came with any different panels. Think I had one once that had kind of a greenish tint to them but think Ruger called them Gray Laminate.

David Bradshaw

Blackhawk
Ruger introduced the Super Blackhawk in stainless steel in 1983. To my knowledge, three variants: 1) 7-1/2" tapered barrel with standard length ejector; 2) KS411N untapered "bull" barrel with Maximum ejector and screw-attached, blued target front sight; 3) 10-1/2" tapered barrel with standard ejector and ramp front sight. These revolvers were made in Southport, fitted with broad rifled barrels made by George Wilson in Connecticut. All came with plain walnut scales.

As a prefix, "K" indicates stainless steel.
David Bradshaw

Latest posts