RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:43 pm 
Hawkeye

He was offended by by less than generous offer. Who would have thought???

WELFARE WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE A CAREER OPPORTUNITY
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." —

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:21 pm 

Well......he's holding a broken $125.00 gun and only that much if you actually WANT it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:13 pm 
Hawkeye

Bear Paw Jack wrote:
He was offended by by less than generous offer. Who would have thought???

:shock: :shock: :shock: You still have your money, and he still has his “good shooting Blackhawk?” You won!
gramps

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:21 pm 
Hawkeye

What's even better is he still bought the P90DC from me with cash. That works for me.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." —

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:00 pm 
Ruger Guru

Sadly,, some folks feel that even a damaged gun is worth more than real world prices. He may THINK it shoots just fine,, but we all know a bulged bbl is still a problem,, to be fixed!
After he tries to sell it for a while,, he'll eventually either sell it to a dummy,,, or he'll wake up to the fact that it's NOT worth as much as he thought.

" A fine is a tax for doing wrong,
and a tax is a fine for doing
right! "
NRA Instructor
USPSA shooter
SASS shooter (Outlaw Joe Wales)
NRA Women On Target Instructor
NC Hunter Safety Instructor
Nuisance Wildlife Control
Scuba Instructor
Eagle Scout, BSA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:29 pm 
Hawkeye

When he tells me it shoots just fine bear in mind the guy is considerably older than I am, and I'm no spring chicken myself. I'm not sure he can see well enough to know if it shoots fine or not. But that's just me. I knew last night this wasn't going to come together, but he was hopeful. I was glad to have HIS money!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:38 am 
Blackhawk

“.... he tells me it shoots just fine...”
----Bear Paw Jack

Talk is cheap. A bulged barrel cannot contribute to accuracy, often kills accuracy outright. A load which sticks a bullet in the barrel, or SQUIB, does not bulge the bore. A bullet which strikes an obstruction in the bore very likely produces a bulge. Even snow can do this.

Likely scenario
* a squib stuck in the bore was hit by another bullet. Common enough occurrence, especially from persons who don’t notice the discharge quality of each shot.
* shooter knows a bullet is stuck in the bore, fires another round to remove stuck bullet. This kind of stunt works on a billiard table, not in a firearm.
David Bradshaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:30 pm 
Hawkeye

David all this rings true. I have had to push out a bullet stuck in a barrel. No bulge at all. Just one bullet was stuck. Lead bullet, went to see a gun smith and he wasn't there and the guy working didn't want to "risk it," so I went to the back put it in a vice and pounded it out. You couldn't even tell, it ever happened.

I agree something was in there before someone shot the gun. Had to be.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:38 pm 
Single-Sixer

Bear Paw Jack wrote:
When he tells me it shoots just fine bear in mind the guy is considerably older than I am, and I'm no spring chicken myself. I'm not sure he can see well enough to know if it shoots fine or not. But that's just me. I knew last night this wasn't going to come together, but he was hopeful. I was glad to have HIS money!! :mrgreen:

Maybe it shoots as well as he can see ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:05 am 
Hunter

If the serial number is placed low enough to allow for the cylinder opening to be enlarged, it MIGHT make a good donor for a custom revolver for someone. One of the custom revolver smiths could work wonders with it, and turn it into something unique1