First 3 Screw

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I stopped at my FFL yesterday to pick up a little J frame 38 I bought off the Colt Forum. Laying in the bottom shelf of the display case was a Blackhawk. Closer examination revealed 3 screws and 30 Carbine. Asking price $599.

I figured it was on consignment, so asked if price was firm. FFL said he could go to $540 so I said put it on my bill.

The only marks on the gun is a bit of turn ring on the cylinder. Some red paint on the front sight.

I may not have gotten a steal of a deal, but you gotta help an FFL that does $15 transfers stay in business, correct?

Get Wood

Single-Sixer
Gator89: Wait Till You Shoot It . It Will Put A BIG Smile On Your Face... And NEVER Shoot It Without Ear Muffs !!!!!! Some People Use Ear Plugs With Muffs Over Them..... Very Loud. But Very Accurate....

contender

Ruger Guru
Kudos!
I just did a display last weekend in Ohio on the OM .30 Carbine Blackhawk. Truly a good gun! You did just fine,, and especially by supporting the LOCAL gun shop!

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
Congratulations, but as you said your first Old Model, you need more :D
I bought one last month off Gunbroker. Like new in box no paperwork though. Paid more than you did :oops:
No when I get the empties to quit sticking in the chambers I'll be happy. Made it to the forth cylinder full before three stuck, more polishing to come.

Dana

Tip

Single-Sixer
Congratulations!
I'd say you did fine on the price... $540 today is less than $74 in 1968 dollars.

Now, let's see some pictures.

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
OM Blackhawk in 30 Carbine was my first OM. $150 OTD. Yep, my local neighborhood shop too. Sadly, Jack died last year. I miss talking with that old fart!

Johnnu2

Hunter
That reminds me: I gotta take mine out and shake up the 'combat' shooters at the range. They'll be shooting X rounds a minute at 4 yd. targets and everything stops when I touch off my OM .30 Carbine. YUP, makes you SMILE..... :)
J

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Johnnu2 said:
That reminds me: I gotta take mine out and shake up the 'combat' shooters at the range. They'll be shooting X rounds a minute at 4 yd. targets and everything stops when I touch off my OM .30 Carbine. YUP, makes you SMILE..... :)
J

Bravo, well done. Yep, targets at 4 yds with 300+ holes in them forming just one ragged giant hole! Can't even tell where shots are going.

Quattroclick

Single-Sixer
One of my favorite memories from my teens was taking my dad's 30 carbine out to the range and shooting a Rubik's Cube with it. It sprayed cubes everywhere! And with surplus ammo that thing had some kind of bark!