Holsters for NM Bisley.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chief

Single-Sixer
Question for those folks who own and carry the 5.5 NM Blackhawk and the 5.5 NM Bisley. Can both of these guns use the same holster? I ask because on many holster makers web sites they do not specifically list the Bisley.
Thanks,
Ralph

contender

Ruger Guru
It depends upon the frame,, NOT the grip. The Bisley is the grip portion.
If you have a full sized Blackhawk,, then go with the Blackhawk holster. If you have a mid-frame size,, then look for one to fit that.

Chief

Single-Sixer
So given the same frame size and barrel length, a Bisley and a regular Blackhawk are interchangeable in holsters. The larger trigger guard of the Bisley will not enter the equation?

Chief said:
So given the same frame size and barrel length, a Bisley and a regular Blackhawk are interchangeable in holsters. The larger trigger guard of the Bisley will not enter the equation?

The larger part trigger guard on a Bisley is to the rear should not affect the fit! ps

Chief

Single-Sixer
Thanks guys. Is the a a listing of codes to decipher the Ruger model numbers?

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
The only "issue" I have had on some holsters is with a retention strap. If you try a holster with a strap they can be very tight with a Bisley. I have soaked the straps and stretched them enough to work.

Dan

Chief

Single-Sixer
Well Hondo, I tried that and I see the model number listed as 0472. I'm talking about the longer number with the alfa- numeric codes like
KRBN-455WX, for example. What does all of this mean.
Thanks,
Ralph

PotatoJudge

Single-Sixer
Flap holsters made for the standard Blackhawk won't fit the bisley grip. Those Bianchi flap holsters made for Ruger? Wont fit a bisley, git a SBH perfectly.

JCW64

Single-Sixer
Chief said:
Well Hondo, I tried that and I see the model number listed as 0472. I'm talking about the longer number with the alfa- numeric codes like
KRBN-455WX, for example. What does all of this mean.
Thanks,
Ralph

Chief, you can subscribe to RENE (Red Eagle News Exchange) that gives more details in the model numbers but I will give a short explanation that may not be 100% correct.
K= Stainless
R= Ruger
B= Blackhawk
N= New Model
455=45 colt 5.5" barrel
W= Wood grips
X= Convertible with extra cylinder

JCW64

Single-Sixer
In addition to a quarterly newsletter Chad has published a "Reference to Ruger Firearms" that has a wealth of information on Ruger firearms including the model breakdown that I mentioned. Here is thread on contacting him.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=30544

Mickey D

Single-Sixer
In regards to which holster, the midsize frame flat top will be rather tight in a midsize Vaquero holster. I use a large frame Blackhawk holster for my flat tops.

Tracker1

Bearcat
I recently picked up a Flat Top NM Bisley .44 Spl. 4.625". It fits perfectly in all my holsters that I use for my 4.625" NM Blackhawks, including my 4.625" Super Blackhawk .44 Mag NM.

Latest posts